Railway inn Caravan Park - Acklington, noruthumberland

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just booked this for our first outing of the year, the 2nd week of the april hols.

Its less than an hour from our house but never explored this area of the county, weve either been above or below it.

Its a pub site that has expanded on from the CL style and now has 22 picthes and just introduced a shower block for this year.

I can only find 4 reviews on uk campsite, 2 of which are duplicate and all of which are old.

Just wondered if anyone else had stayed here?

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I haven't been, but know where the pub is - and as the name implies, it's right next to the East Coast main line which is very busy, so it might be a little noisy!

John M

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andy, Just spoken to a friend who has stopped there last year, he says it`s a nice site, owners are fairly new but are trying really hard to make a go of it. Food in the Pub on site was excellent (Steak is recommended). Finally, with reference to the previous post, train noise is not a problem at all.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,

We chose it based on being within 1 hrs drive for our first run out this year, having the pub on site (i have a real passion for walking from the caravan into the pub, pint or 2 of real ale and some nice grub and walking 20 yds back again before the kids go to bed.

and best of all it was cheap at £15 a night considering most other local sites are exploiting the bank holiday and keeping prices high for the two weeks. (cheapest other site wanted £29 a night)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts