Ranch Maybole

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just back from first ever overnighter, really impressed with what we saw and how friendly the site owners are.

The pitches have more than enough space for a bit of privacy between them and also have their own water supply, impressive.

The shower block is pretty new as well and is spotless and very well laid out. When we arrived my 6 year old grandaughter couldn't wait to get into the indoor pool, had been talking about it for two weeks, then we found out it didn't open again on Saturday nights, oh dear. However, when booking in i asked Thomas (owner) the opening times, he said about it being closed and must have seen the wee yins face dropping. He then asked what was wrong and i told him of her expectations of going to the pool when we arrived, he then offered to come over and open the pool up between 5 and 6 o'clock just so that she wasn't let down, that to me was brilliant and well worth a mention. He then offered to come to our pitch in case i needed any help reversing in, once again that was brill. I declined the offer as i was using this weekend as a tester and didn't care how many attempts it took me (was about eleven).

The park is spotless and well maintained, and the commanding views over the Carrick hills are something else, if you are ever up in Ayrshire give it a go, ye wont be dissapointed.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Aye, it's all in the learning curve buddy.

I was adamant that everything that needed to be done was going to be carried out independently, otherwise how can i learn ?.

I was watching the two vans parked to my right and left and could see the owners having a wee keek oot the windae, probably havin a great laugh at my expense, but i didny care cos i was goin to do this my way and gain the experience. If i had took up the offer of the kind site manager for him to come wi me and assist in the siting, then i wouldny have gained anything. Then when it comes to our next site visit i would be relying on help.

I learned a lot from our excursion and feel a wee bit proud that i did it all alone with no assistance, that gives ye a real confidence booster, maybes next time i can get it doo to 8 or 9 attempts, ha ha. Who cares, i did it and feel proud, specially in front of the 6 year old who had nae confidence.

Bring it on, going to be looking for the awkward places tae get into soon.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree. I go to this site often for weekends away and cant fault the site in anyway the owner is very pleasant and helpful and the site is spotless. Hope you got on well with everything and are learning the ropes so to speak!!!

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
On our very first trip with our caravan we spent our second night (and a few more) at this site. They were incredibly helpful and guided us onto our pitch (because we were still such newbies!) despite the torrential rain. It was our first taste of Scotland. Years and much travel later, this was one of the best sites we've ever stayed at. And the serviced pitch was great.

TRENDING THREADS