ravensglass

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello,

has anyone been to ravensglass, c&cc site, we will be coming from a65 towards site, any advice or driving advice, caravan is 23 and a bit ft....thankyou, its just for 2 adults and 2 dogs possibly within the next few weeks....thanks again...ED

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ed,

I am sure you will love Ravenglass, don't envisage any problem on the journey and you will find a gem of a site.

Great walks for the dogs, if they spook easily watch out for the occasional sound of gunnery from a testing site, don't be alarmed, only very occasional.

Suggest a walk along to MUNCASTER Castle, if you are about near closing time (perhaps 4.00pm at this time of year) the owls will be having the last feed of the day.

A wonderful experience as they obviously know the time and are ready and waiting, when we visited apart from ourselves there was onlt about another ten or twelve visitors.

The site operators are fantastic, everything spotless and the shop even at this time of year I would imagine has a few basics.

Enjoy.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ed,

I am sure you will love Ravenglass, don't envisage any problem on the journey and you will find a gem of a site.

Great walks for the dogs, if they spook easily watch out for the occasional sound of gunnery from a testing site, don't be alarmed, only very occasional.

Suggest a walk along to MUNCASTER Castle, if you are about near closing time (perhaps 4.00pm at this time of year) the owls will be having the last feed of the day.

A wonderful experience as they obviously know the time and are ready and waiting, when we visited apart from ourselves there was onlt about another ten or twelve visitors.

The site operators are fantastic, everything spotless and the shop even at this time of year I would imagine has a few basics.

Enjoy.
Sorry about he spelling, sure you all spotted the error !

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou wanderer

that does sound interesting, im going to check the route, as dont want any obstacles, never looked at this site before, and thought it sounded ok, thankyou again....ED

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Hope I'm not too late in replying to this message. I adore Ravenglass and have visited there lots of times. My touring caravan is 25 ft and I've had no problems at all (single woman, over 60!!!) The site owners are smashing and extremely helpful - excellent facilities also. There is a very friendly little pub in the village opposite the sea that allows dogs in - also serves good food.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hope I'm not too late in replying to this message. I adore Ravenglass and have visited there lots of times. My touring caravan is 25 ft and I've had no problems at all (single woman, over 60!!!) The site owners are smashing and extremely helpful - excellent facilities also. There is a very friendly little pub in the village opposite the sea that allows dogs in - also serves good food.
Nice to here from someone else who loves Ravenglass, a nice piece of magic exists there, we love it.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou for your reply, no youre not too late, i had to postpone the trip for a few weeks so havent got there yet, im really looking forward to going now, thanks again, hopefully should be going in next 4 weeks....ED

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Brilliant site and well run, make sure you visit the Ratty arms in the village excellent food and a warm welcome, a trip on the railway is well worth it up to boot. If you like walking, head up the coast to st bees you can walk along the coast path to the lighthouse, nice walk even at this time of the year.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou jasper..

unfortunately cant walk very far (m.e.) but i do try my best...i went to st bees when i was at school on a trip and thats the reason of wanting to go back, albeit 30 years ago, do you know if the area is dog friendly, the trains and the pubs, ...we usually go to keswick and love that, but needed somewhere different ....thanks again..edwina

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ed

You can certainly take the dog on the train as ours came along with us, not sure about the ratty arms as our dog stayed in the van whilst we were in the pub, he couldn't take the pace !!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts