Real range of electric cars, from car manufacture calculator.

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
Just found this calculator for electric range, I know it's a Mokka, but same principles apply to all electric cars! Note cost per mile is calculated assuming electricity costs 5p Kwh.
Max range 201 miles?

Link

Calculator almost at the bottom.

Screenshot_20210801-170311_Chrome.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove?

Apart from blind idiots, I don't know who would try to drive at 70mph when the roads are cold enough to freeze saline

Another scaremongering headline without a grasp of reality.

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Vauxhaul are offering a 'digitally detoxed interior' any body know what that means?

I think in self driving autonomous vehicles there may be little or no need for the instrumentation that we normally associate with cars.

More of a place to sit or lie down in and do whatever takes our fancy whilst the journey is being undertaken.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The answer is that the potential range is measured against a standard driving route and real life is different, so the figures are no more than a comparison between models. Magazine tests have shown that you are unlikely to get these figures if you buy one though. Using the heater and lights in Winter will seriously reduce the range so Winter use of many will be seriously worse than the figures used by testers.
Having said that our neighbour has just bought one as a second car, which seems to be the best option for these cars in most cases and he can actually run it for nothing. Basically the car chargers are free so he drives to the one nearest our local Tesco plugs it in and does the shopping. When he comes back he has a near full battery, although I think both of us realise this will not last for ever. There are plenty of other sites he can use so in the short tern at least he can keep the costs right down.
Our council has bought an electric dustbin wagon and says that the diesel equivalent cost £100 a day in fuel but only £15 for the electricity so the savings are there for those who can work the system. The catch though seems to be if you have to recharge on the road, as the costs there tend to be near the cost of refilling with petrol so long distance touring though possible is not as cheap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts