Rear Camera

Jul 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I am relatively new to caravaning. Earlier this year I bought a Sterling Continental 580 which is a superb caravan. I notice a rear camera is installed but we didn't get a monitor. After some research I understand the camera uses its own generated WiFi signal "WIFI_AVIN". I also discovered that you can get an app for your phone called WiFiAvin. The thing is that it's no longer available in Goole Play Store. I downloaded from another internet source only to find that it is now not compatible with newer versions of Android (14)
I downloaded a few other similar apps from Google Play Store and although I can get connected to the Camera generated WIFI_AVIN but cannot get any of the apps to provide a picture.
Sargent want to charge me £100+ for a replacement monitor (which still uses the outdated WIFIAvin app). I really dont need the whole monitor thing for an odd few occasions when using the rear camera. I wouldn't mind but I don't want to shell out money on a monitor when I don't actually know if the camera provides pictures.
Any advice on alternative Android apps would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
There are a lot of suitable replacement cameras available for sub £100 which should work with your mobile. This way you will have an up to date system without the need for a monitor.

If you search on this forum you may find recommendations.

Have you tried generic phone apps to see if they work.

John

TRENDING THREADS