Rear diff

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Well thats gonna be £1560 lighter in my pocket went away in the van last weekend and field was a bit boggy hooked up and mate said put it into 4x4 by the way the tow car is a hyundai santa fe 2016 anyway started to set off and mate said your rear wheels are not turning ?? But managed to struggle out of the field there was no warning lights on the dash so took it to hyundai in wakefield they did a full check and said the rear diff coupleing had gone and with labour £1560 to fix phone the warrenty people up they din't want to know said was not covered as part of my plan stay away from warrantywise my advice but with no warning lights comeing on god knows how long its been broke so a good idea would be take your 4x4 onto some wet field put it in 4x4 and check because if my mate had'nt spoted it i'd have never known it was broke

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well thats gonna be £1560 lighter in my pocket went away in the van last weekend and field was a bit boggy hooked up and mate said put it into 4x4 by the way the tow car is a hyundai santa fe 2016 anyway started to set off and mate said your rear wheels are not turning ?? But managed to struggle out of the field there was no warning lights on the dash so took it to hyundai in wakefield they did a full check and said the rear diff coupleing had gone and with labour £1560 to fix phone the warrenty people up they din't want to know said was not covered as part of my plan stay away from warrantywise my advice but with no warning lights comeing on god knows how long its been broke so a good idea would be take your 4x4 onto some wet field put it in 4x4 and check because if my mate had'nt spoted it i'd have never known it was broke
Had similar on a Superb 4x4 but in my case it was the Haldex pump that failed. Around £600 to replace. But that was spotted in the normal servicing diagnostic check. I didn’t have a clue that it wasn’t working.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
One of the downsides of part-time4wd is that you don't find out it's failed until you need it - other brands have had similar issues, eg the original Volvo XC90 was prone to that same failure but owners often went months or years without noticing.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
On what grounds did they say it was not covered? Unless they can quote something specific that applies, I would challenge it.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
On what grounds did they say it was not covered? Unless they can quote something specific that applies, I would challenge it.
Because there saying the waranty i took out was called warranty lite which was £31 a month and for the claim to be valid the car had to have broken down and recoverd and taken to the dealers on back of a truck then the claim would have been coverd but because i drove the car there its not its not classed as a breakdown so not coverd but when i took the cover out i'm sure this was not explained properly i'v ask for the phone calls to be listened to which they say can take 2 weeks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Because there saying the waranty i took out was called warranty lite which was £31 a month and for the claim to be valid the car had to have broken down and recoverd and taken to the dealers on back of a truck then the claim would have been coverd but because i drove the car there its not its not classed as a breakdown so not coverd but when i took the cover out i'm sure this was not explained properly i'v ask for the phone calls to be listened to which they say can take 2 weeks
Didn’t you get an email or letter with the T&Cs for your policy? They normally follow up the very fast “spiel” with something to read.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Didn’t you get an email or letter with the T&Cs for your policy? They normally follow up the very fast “spiel” with something to read.
Yes i prob did through email but my fault prob din't read all the ins and outs but i'm sure they never said this when i signed up to the cover because if they did i would have refused cover that was offerd

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes i prob did through email but my fault prob din't read all the ins and outs but i'm sure they never said this when i signed up to the cover because if they did i would have refused cover that was offerd
Hope that you can access the phone voice recording then.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sadly it's another example of where the customers failure to read and understand the T&C's has resulted in disappointment.

You will almost certainly find that any offer or explanation provided verbally either face to face will not be allowed to supersede to official details as provided in the T&C's

For what it's worth, I believe even if the insurance/Warranty companies' agent were to read the T&C's in full to you over the phone before you agreed to the policy, I doubt you would have the agility to fully comprehend all the minute details of the policy.

This is why such policies have a statutory cooling off period to allow the customer time to read and digest the details of the policy, and if they are not what was wanted you can cancel the policy. But I'm guessing that period has expired.

I think you will have to chalk this one up to experience. You might be able pay the difference and take the better level of cover, or cancel teh policy, but you won't get back all of your money It depends on the T&C's.,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Plug. Who underwrites the Warranty you have bought? £31.00 per month is not cheap😵‍💫😵‍💫
It is quite cheap. Two years ago the gold warranty for my Subaru was just over £600 for a year. I declined it. My daughter did pay a similar amount for her 2014 Focus.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If they had mentioned it, you probably would not have taken out the cover. Our Jeep came with a Warranty Wise cover for 6 months so the first thing I did was take it to the Jeep dealer. A leak to the air con and driver's seat heating was not working. Both repaired at no cost to myself.
When the warranty was coming to an end I was quoted silly prices i.e. +£90 per month to keep warranty. Since 2018 excluding wear and tear items I have spent £0 on repairs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Warranties with the same cover as original manufacturers' warranty are eye-wateringly expensive and rarely make sense financially - but cheap warranties with lots of exclusions don't make sense financially either.
Yes if I had taken out a 12 month one for circa £600 it wouldn’t have covered a failing front drive shaft joint. The gaiter was intact ( rubber bits not covered) and the warranty required a breakdown before it could be considered a potential claim. Who lets a drive shaft joint continue until it fails totally. So I had the drive shaft replaced by a franchised dealer at £240. Saving £360 and the hassle of waiting for total failure with attendant risks to car and occupants, and third parties.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When my warranty expired on my Santa Fe, I had done 60k miles. Not a hiccup on the motor. I decided to have an extended warranty for a year, at £450, seemed good then looking at the small print, I would have to pay about 20% of the repair. Decided to not renew the next year, and just put the money to the side, for an ""If it happens" .
Now at 77k miles 3 years later

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When my warranty expired on my Santa Fe, I had done 60k miles. Not a hiccup on the motor. I decided to have an extended warranty for a year, at £450, seemed good then looking at the small print, I would have to pay about 20% of the repair. Decided to not renew the next year, and just put the money to the side, for an ""If it happens" .
Now at 77k miles 3 years later
Sometimes a service plan will include parts up to a certain value if the service plan also includes an annual MOT test. Ours included up to £750 of parts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts