Rear Poles. How to get a good fit?

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I use a Prima Air Awning and never seem to get a good fit between the rear poles and van, usually gaps. We fit the poles pre inflate, but never seem to achieve a no gap fit. Any ideas please? Thanks.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
You arent alone. We cant get a good fit with the Isabella ones due to a profile holding the skirt rail. What I do is place a pegging rubber (like a large elastic band around the pole and then try to use that with a peg to pull it in, means trying to peg under the van a little and of course the skirt is in the way, but if you put the band low enough it can be done.

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
We have a Bradcott and had that problem. The last few times have got a better fit by inflating until the awning just holds it shape then fitting the poles. The last times was the best so far but it could still be improved, I think.
Cliff

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ours isnt an air awning (never again says moi) but the Izzy has very thick bumber pads, which have a similar effect as the air awning. Its the caravan itself that causes our problem.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We use these threaded onto the rear poles and find it improves the seal greatly. Choose the appropriate bore for your poles, cut and leave a gap at the skirt rail, woks for us.
https://www.bes.co.uk/pipe-lagging-insulation-foam-42mm-x-25mm-x-2m-23713?ref=gs&photo=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjws7TqBRDgARIsAAHLHP7SzmdTyDqRKeZfcsAEYPsuxR1Q8-Z_bbraM-acYirjIm2fmZyUBXgaArh3EALw_wcB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the pipe lagging on the poles and especially leaving a gap for the skirt rail is the detail I think will make a big difference, it’s not so much having a tight seal to keep out the drafts but more that unless I get a nice tight seal the awning looks really untidy, I’m definitely going to try this on my next trip.

BP

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
We have found the best way to make the poles against the van a good fit is to make sure you are on perfectly flat ground which I know isnt always possible.( Or make sure van is level all round)I went away from air awnings after a really bad experience with one companies products but have recently gone back to one again. I didnt want to spend a fortune on another one so Ive bought one of Towsures own .Yet to find out how good or bad it is but will know this weekend .
Sir Roger.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just an update on the Towsure Air Awning Insignia 390. Its an awning that does the job and its cheap. The ladder straps are a real pain to fit and are going to be a right sod to get them off again. I have spoken to Towsure and got but very little help from them so its down to dealer and get some that will fit the awning. Otherwise the awning is not bad for the money .
Sir Roger .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts