Reattaching wire to Thetford Toilet Flush Switch Circuit board

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of why our Thetford C250 series toilet has stopped flushing water into the pan. Following videos on YouTube I located the little circuit board with the push switch under the sticker on top of the toilet and removed the push-on 8 way connector plug to see if the contacts were tarnished.

Unfortunately the red wire has now broken off just where it goes into the connector plug, so I can't go any further until I get it reconnected.

Can anyone advise the process for removing the end of the broken wire from the connector plug and re-inserting the wire that has come out again?

I 've attached a stock photo of the connector I mean - its the red wire that become detached on mine.

Regards

Dave

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 34
Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of why our Thetford C250 series toilet has stopped flushing water into the pan. Following videos on YouTube I located the little circuit board with the push switch under the sticker on top of the toilet and removed the push-on 8 way connector plug to see if the contacts were tarnished.

Unfortunately the red wire has now broken off just where it goes into the connector plug, so I can't go any further until I get it reconnected.

Can anyone advise the process for removing the end of the broken wire from the connector plug and re-inserting the wire that has come out again?

I 've attached a stock photo of the connector I mean - its the red wire that become detached on mine.

Regards

Dave

This is not the best job in the world I searched for a way to do mine as mine broke after the 4th board packed up.The system is worst thing Swifts put into a caravan. Right you can buy the clip on connector complete with wire s Im sure and just cut and re connect . My van in Ten years has 4 new boards dueto the corrosion on the board and block connector . Got fed up in the end and got my service engineer to get rid of the stupid idea and fitted a nice little rocker switch instead . Good luck.
Sir Roger .

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Anybody have a wiring diagram showing wires in the Thetford C250 system. After some pain I removed the pump only to find on test it works just fine. I do not use the cassette full light at all and wonder what each wire actually does?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have a wiring diagram showing wires in the Thetford C250 system. After some pain I removed the pump only to find on test it works just fine. I do not use the cassette full light at all and wonder what each wire actually does?
[
After 7 new boards in 10years I gave up with the stupid idea of c 250. Picked up thee permanant live in the loom and ftted a nice new small toggle switch. No more red warning light.no more reed switch Simples.
Sir Roger.

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Roger, I have decided to do that, in essence but keeping the switch under the membrane and a bit of thin wire replacing blown PCB track short-circuiting everything, wire from 12V live to pump output terminal! Thanks. Replacing the ridiculous fuse in the base with a water proof one on the cassette side out the way below the pump.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Roger, I have decided to do that, in essence but keeping the switch under the membrane and a bit of thin wire replacing blown PCB track short-circuiting everything, wire from 12V live to pump output terminal! Thanks. Replacing the ridiculous fuse in the base with a water proof one on the cassette side out the way below the pump.
When I did mine I fitted the small toggle switch into the top above the board so the flush is still where it used to be ..
I hope it works for you. Sir Roger

Reactions: Grey13

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts