Rechargable vacuum cleaner

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Great site, only just found it. Need to purchase a rechargable vacuum to generally give the caravan a once over whilst away. Dont have a dog but would assume that a vac that can cope with dog hair will easily do our van. Any reccomendations before I get plagued at local retailers with inaccurate advice.

Chris.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Dyson do do a rechargable one,they do 2 type a mains charged one or a 12v charged one,the later coming with a mains charger too,quite expensive and only lasts for around a round 7mins on a full charge,but excellent product,much better than the Black and Decker i had

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Chris,

We bought an electrulux hand held cleaner in the January sales and in the three outings this year to date has proved an excellent buy.

We previously had a dirt devil which was also excellent, although it didn't hold the charge as long as the Electrolux. The Dirt Devil finally fell apart from over-use! and may have been one of the reasons for the shorter length of use.

Having a hand held cleaner is also a good incentive for the kids to earn some pocket money.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Don't waste your money on a rechargeable cleaner - you'll be disappointed. I have an electric Pod vacuum for caravans and even that doesn't do a brilliant job and we don't have dogs. I took my Dyson from home at the beginning of the season which did the job properly. If you do decide to purchase something rechargeable I would take your hoover from home periodically and give it a good clean. Some appliances just don't do what it says on the tin! Happy hoovering!

May 15, 2007
Visit site
We used to take our border collie everywhere with us and she was always shedding hair. I bought a small dirt devil, i know its not a rechargable but its about the same size. It also has a beater bar and good suction. Personaly i would not buy a chargable.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
We used to take our border collie everywhere with us and she was always shedding hair. I bought a small dirt devil, i know its not a rechargable but its about the same size. It also has a beater bar and good suction. Personaly i would not buy a chargable.
forgot to mention but the dirt devil also works on my gererator when we are on CL sites without electric

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I borrowed a Bissell featherweight at the weekend and although it has a cord, it was brilliant! I've just ordered one myself as it picked up all the dog hairs and was light and easy to store. They are

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
we tried the Dyson and whilst its good , it lasts only 6 minutes which was just not long enough to do the whole van in one go.

We got a fairly small lightweight bagless cylinder from currys which is just the job. It weighs 5 or 7 kg (cant remember) and its small enough to fit under one of front benches out the way so it doesn't impinge on space too much. Its got all the attachments including the rota brush thingy which picks up the dogs hairs a treat.

It does the job nearly as good as the Dyson cyclinder we have for home , now that is good!

(cant believe I'm extolling the virtues of vacuums - where has my wild and reckless youth gone????)

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi we looked at buying a dyson but after investigating it took 3 hours to charge the battery and you got 6-7 mins usage, that isnt enough time to clean a car let alone a caravan. We bought a Hoover thing cant remember what its called but my hubby thinks it fab!!

Yvonne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We bought the Dyson. Great powerful tool. Picks up all the dog hairs but do we have to move quick! 7 minutes isn't enough to do the carpets and seats. It was expensive but I think we were duped by Dyson. Our mains powered ones are brilliant but this handheld is crap because of teh short usage time.

I think Dyson should eturn our money or give us something that sucks longer.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts