RECLINER CHAIRS IN FRANCE

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
Where is the best plce to buy recliner chairs in France? I am crossing to Calais in a few weeks and have been told that they are cheaper there.

THANKS MALCOLM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We found Lafuma recliners at a bargain price in a garden centre and even cheaper per chair if you bought two ! Trouble is with a wife like mine you return home from a garden centre with a 'van looking like a mobile conservatory . . . to the great glee of children in passing cars.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Lowest price for recliners?

Unfortunately the place I found is not in France, but Holland. But if you are going that way drop in at "Camping Sport De-Wit" in Schijndel near 's-Hertogenbosch and Eindhoven.

A year ago I bought a pair of Dukdalf reclining chairs, with slide out leg extensions and "head-bangers" (foam head and neck supports). These top of the range Dukdalf chairs are made from rectangular section alu tubing, with joints like a real chair, and will take 150 kg.

A friend saw ours and asked me to buy a pair for him (without the slide out extensions or the head-bangers). He had seen them in an end-of-year sale in the UK at

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you happen to be going to Spain, look at Crespo recliners which are lafuma quality or better but made of aluminium, so much lighter and won't rust. They are made in Valencia. Bought ours at Caravans Cruz in Elche (just off alicante - Murcia autovia). There is a UK agent but they want a very high price - almost twice what we paid in Spain.

Recliners benefit from having four "feet" rather tahn two bars across the bottom of the legs and are thus easier to use on uneven ground.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denis,

Sorry to have taken so long to answer. The garden centre in question was discovered in passing (somewhere near Cahors) and I doubt if I could find it again. It was a sort of "that looks interesting - lets stop and look" moment. Not a lot of help really ! Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This year we found Lafuma (RSX padded type) were actually more expensive in France and Spain than in England. However, whilst there we were informed that Towsure are doing the look-alike version (with the acrylic type seat which is currently 'fashionable' for less than half the price of the real thing. We tried them - and they are great - just as comfortable, all the same features (in fact we couldn't really tell the difference) - the frame, grips, spring system, and supporting head cushion all appear identical apart from the Lafuma logo - just as comfortable and you can replace them in half as long and still save money!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts