Reclining camping chair folding aluminium high back and padded got to be reasonable price

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present we have a pair of Vango Samson 2 oversized chair - Excalibur but with my mobility issues been thinking of the above item would be better suited for my needs i have seen this eg
Trail reclining camping chair folding aluminium recliner sponge padded at £74.99 (weight capacity of 150kg)
Have you anymore suggestions for me to look at and why
Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At present we have a pair of Vango Samson 2 oversized chair - Excalibur but with my mobility issues been thinking of the above item would be better suited for my needs i have seen this eg
Trail reclining camping chair folding aluminium recliner sponge padded at £74.99 (weight capacity of 150kg)
Have you anymore suggestions for me to look at and why
Thanks
A picture would be useful. Isabella get good reviews from actual users. Not sure about the size aspects. But Isabella are good quality. We are still using Lafuma bought in 2003 but they are heavy.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is the Trail reclining camping chair folding aluminium recliner i have seen .and sat in .

Attachments

• 61i8s-omoFS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61i8s-omoFS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 8
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A picture would be useful. Isabella get good reviews from actual users. Not sure about the size aspects. But Isabella are good quality. We are still using Lafuma bought in 2003 but they are heavy.
We have Lafuma chairs and they are a lot lighter than our previous chairs and super comfortable.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have Lafuma chairs and they are a lot lighter than our previous chairs and super comfortable.
Our two Lafumas are steel framed with close weave fabric covering and together the two weigh 16.8kg. For caravanning as payloads decreased we bought two aluminium framed conventional recliners that were non gravity. Together they weighed 9.3kg.which gave a bit more payload to play with. every little bit helps.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
One plus in favour of Lafuma is the availability of spare parts.
We have recently bought new plastic "joints" for one of our very old Lafumas - no wear anywhere else so essentially back to new.
They do seem very keen to limit "throw away culture" in both their advertising and the range of spares they carry. Might or might not be something to consider.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One plus in favour of Lafuma is the availability of spare parts.
We have recently bought new plastic "joints" for one of our very old Lafumas - no wear anywhere else so essentially back to new.
They do seem very keen to limit "throw away culture" in both their advertising and the range of spares they carry. Might or might not be something to consider.
The only things we have bought were one set of elastic supports to replace the originals which perished over time. They were bit fiddly to thread through but that's acceptable compared to replacing the whole chair. I think newer ones now just have clips which are easier to fit. Plus a much larger range of chairs now than when we bought ours neigh on 20 years ago, but they are still used regularly.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
My only advice is to make sure you sit in the chair that you fancy before purchasing, of all the camping chairs I've looked at, only the lafuma was comfy, I'm currently hoping father Christmas will bring me one.
I find the cheaper chairs seat supports cut into my legs.

Kev

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My only advice is to make sure you sit in the chair that you fancy before purchasing, of all the camping chairs I've looked at, only the lafuma was comfy, I'm currently hoping father Christmas will bring me one.
I find the cheaper chairs seat supports cut into my legs.

Kev

Which is exactly why we went for the Lafuma cham'Elips AC chairs. Cannot comment on Isabella as they may be just as good, but we have never bought one. At the time we purchased the two Lafumas for about £200, the equivalent Isabella was a lot more expensive.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Which is exactly why we went for the Lafuma cham'Elips AC chairs. Cannot comment on Isabella as they may be just as good, but we have never bought one. At the time we purchased the two Lafumas for about £200, the equivalent Isabella was a lot more expensive.
Just had a look at these no good for me the user weight limit 100kg but that your choice enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts