Recommend a discount pass card

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Wondering if anyone uses any passes to receive discounts into places like touristy and entertainment locations,

Been looking at the Boundless card which seems to be a good one, with discounts at a few places and historical national trust free entry, and kids passes etc

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Boundless is good. I’ve been a member for longer than I can remember. Also discounts on tyres and insurance and quite a lot of other things. CCC have discounts too as part of their membership benefits but not to extent of Boindless.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Are you eligible for DDS? Loads of discounts for all sorts of things.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Boundless for us.

For the last couple of years they have provided free access to the wetland centres and as Slimbridge is only 5 miles from us we make good use of it, but there are other centres. Also. Kew Gardens and Wakehurst.

Along with other discounts.

PM if nomination needed.

John

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Blue Light card is pretty good as well, eligible people are nurses, firemen, ambulance, police etc etc AND anyone retired from those sorts of professions.
I am also in Boundless, they do some good "day out" deals. Chatham Dockyard a few weeks back, £10 a head!

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought Boundless was only for the Civil Service or Local Authority Employees past and present?
Not any longer. Like Beneden it had to open its doors as numbers in the public sector dropped.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I don’t see it as discriminatory as people have a choice as to whether to opt for a loyalty card,frequent flyer, fuel card etc.
Why should people shopping in a supermarket be penalised because they do not have the supermarket loyalty card? After all it is mainly a data collecting exercise on your shopping habits and also to probably sell on your data.

I strongly object to a very unfair system that is trying to lock you into that supermarket by offering yellow card discounted prices for certain articles! Those prices should be available to all and sundry.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I strongly object to a very unfair system that is trying to lock you into that supermarket by offering yellow card discounted prices for certain articles! Those prices should be available to all and sundry.
Right or wrong, the problem is that if you don't play their game you have to spend more or shop at Aldi. (As far as I know that's the only supermarket that doesn't have a loyalty card).

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Even the discount card is not enough. How can one of the big boys increase their profit to £2.4 billion from £800 million last year? Only by hihh inflated prices! We are being cheated all ways🤬🤬

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The thread is really about discount cards not loyalty cards. I venture that there’s a majority of members of CMHC or CCC who have used their membership to obtain discounts from associated commercial businesses or organisations. So by being members and using their membership details they are gaining a financial advantage compared to non members. Anything wrong or discriminatory with that?

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I don't really bother with discount cards or even those web sites promising savings because I've found there either wrong or you can get the savings anyway without joining up.

As for discriminatory practises - one of the joys of a free market. :)

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The thread is really about discount cards not loyalty cards. I venture that there’s a majority of members of CMHC or CCC who have used their membership to obtain discounts from associated commercial businesses or organisations. So by being members and using their membership details they are gaining a financial advantage compared to non members. Anything wrong or discriminatory with that?
The CAMC is a loyalty card. Loyalty cards are discount cards or discount cards are loyalty cards. Either way they have your data which includes your spending habits.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I don't really bother with discount cards or even those web sites promising savings because I've found there either wrong or you can get the savings anyway without joining up.

As for discriminatory practises - one of the joys of a free market. :)
For bigger purchases I agree, but for regular smaller purchases there are savings to be made. Most of the time I eat out I get 15-20% off, or eat for free sometimes (drinks are always full price).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts