Recommend a Vacuum cleaner

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, when we first started we had a lightweight long-handled vaccuum which didn't really do a brilliant job. Then recently we bought 'The Hunter' from Home-tek - it is compact and does an excellent job, and has all the necessary attachments. If you search the web you will find them for sale at various outlets, although there was one for sale on e-bay recently for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Although it sounds extreme - I keep a Dyson upright in the wardrobe! we are lucky in that we have a large wardrobe in our van that goes to the floor, but the Dyson is the DC03 model which actually is quite slim and not too heavy. It has a 700w motor which is less tan some other vacuums, but is excellent at keeping the van clean. Gets dog hairs off everything a treat..! (Dysons have built in 'tools' too!). I do carry a small rechargable vac for the few occassions when not on hook-up, this is an 'Electrolux Boss' upright, which is OK (don't know if its still available), but you can't beat a Dyson! I have had many unhappy experiences over the years with vacs that do more to distribute the dirt around, rather than remove it! Good luck. Richard.

Jul 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, when we first started we had a lightweight long-handled vaccuum which didn't really do a brilliant job. Then recently we bought 'The Hunter' from Home-tek - it is compact and does an excellent job, and has all the necessary attachments. If you search the web you will find them for sale at various outlets, although there was one for sale on e-bay recently for

Jul 16, 2005
Visit site
Although it sounds extreme - I keep a Dyson upright in the wardrobe! we are lucky in that we have a large wardrobe in our van that goes to the floor, but the Dyson is the DC03 model which actually is quite slim and not too heavy. It has a 700w motor which is less tan some other vacuums, but is excellent at keeping the van clean. Gets dog hairs off everything a treat..! (Dysons have built in 'tools' too!). I do carry a small rechargable vac for the few occassions when not on hook-up, this is an 'Electrolux Boss' upright, which is OK (don't know if its still available), but you can't beat a Dyson! I have had many unhappy experiences over the years with vacs that do more to distribute the dirt around, rather than remove it! Good luck. Richard.
Thanks for your comments Richard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts