Recommend me a small screwdriver set for the caravan

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Last time we were away, I had to borrow a small handled screwdriver from the bloke on the pitch next to me, to get to the pump in the toilet as it had stuck - he let me borrow the kit but I can't remember exactly what it was, other than that it was bloody handy and I should get one for myself - any recommendations?

Thanks

Captain Chaos ( recently branched out into shrub/large bush removal from the garden but that's a chapter from my book of woes all on it's own:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Reactions: Mel
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I take a small Bahco quarter inch socket set it has everything that I have ever needed in the van, including screwdriver, torcx and allen key bits. woulnt go away without it 19.95 from amazon

Reactions: Steve1962
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I carry a130 piece Vonhaus set that has smaller sockets and every screwdriver head you could imagine, as well as driver handle, ratchet spanner head and lots of etcs! All for 17.99 on eBay at the time and after almost 3 years still going strong even though most of the heads will probably never be used in my lifetime!!!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I bought one of those multi tools which has flat and Philips screwdrivers and a host of other implements. I carry it in the glove box of the car..

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Makita , similar to Audiorob’s Vonhaus. Saved me many times . Includes all sorts of bits including torx and magnetic ends etc

Attachments

• IMG_9161.jpeg
    IMG_9161.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 6

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
My Makita , similar to Audiorob’s Vonhaus. Saved me many times . Includes all sorts of bits including torx and magnetic ends etc
Lovely and the sort of kit I like but IMO way way over the top as "carry kit" for the unexpected on trip requirement; unless I have been very fortunate and not needed when away from base such things as core saws for the issues we have encountered in a half century of camping.
I have a modest selection of flat head, Posidrive, Philips, Allen and Torx drivers and or bits, a few sockets, along with a very few select sized combination spanners and set of Swiss needle files. Plus a trusty but budget multi meter that I am happy can live in the car's boot, all in a soft tool bag and bags within that bag, more "compliant" in fitting it in than boxes IMO. Boot laces are good for "necklace" stringing sockets and combination spanners.
Long gone the days of carrying a trolly jack and even a torque spanner. The latter only comes along if I have had the wheels off. the mover has effectively a breaker bar, quite adequate in emergencies to ensure wheel bolts etc are not overly slack.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts