recommendations for a site in france or belgium

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
please help, a couple of years ago we went to blarmarson caravan site, gent, belgium. it was fantastic, what we want is a site that is near to places, hopefully its own bus stop near by, and most importantly its own restaurant or something near by that serves good food all day, i know i am asking a lot but who knows. if you good people cant come up with any alternatives we will go back to blarmarson again, we always go start/middle sept as soon as the kids go back to school, i am looking for next year to book. thank you, mark

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at Camping Memling three years ago on the outskirts of Bruges. Busses to and from the city stop within easy walking distance. There was no eatery on site but plenty nearby though of the burger/fast food type. I felt the site was slightly crowded though perhaps not when you plan to go. www.camping-memling.be for details.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I would entirely concur with your comments about Blaarmeersen - one of the consistently best sites we have ever visited. What is more, for our money, Gent is better than Bruges (Britain in Belgium?) or Brussels. Only probelm (mainly for tent campers) is that it has had a couple of thefts over the last few years, of which, regrettably, we were one. Nonetheless it is still a good site.

If you like Belgium consider the Ardennes around Dinant. Beautiful, quiet, and good recreation. Go a little further afield and visit Luxembourg, a place most people would never consider but well well worth a visit - and fuel is incredibly cheap! Kockelscheuer is the city site and runs close to Blaarmeersen for quality and facilities although it does not have a restaurant, (it does have lots of rabbits though!)

Also in Lux, Camping Officiel Born is alongside the Erbe which forms the border with Germany between Echternach and Wassbillig, the latter being the old border crossing before the motorway was built. The site has good modern facilities (inc wi-fi) and a restaurant/bar. From there you can visit France, or Trier and the Moselle in Germany.

Many people just shoot off to France and never consider Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland (can be expensive) or Germany (although not so many sites as the other countries.) Belgium also has the advantage (for us) that English is widely spoken in the northern half as few people from outside Belgium or Holland speak Flemish!

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I would entirely concur with your comments about Blaarmeersen - one of the consistently best sites we have ever visited. What is more, for our money, Gent is better than Bruges (Britain in Belgium?) or Brussels. Only probelm (mainly for tent campers) is that it has had a couple of thefts over the last few years, of which, regrettably, we were one. Nonetheless it is still a good site.

If you like Belgium consider the Ardennes around Dinant. Beautiful, quiet, and good recreation. Go a little further afield and visit Luxembourg, a place most people would never consider but well well worth a visit - and fuel is incredibly cheap! Kockelscheuer is the city site and runs close to Blaarmeersen for quality and facilities although it does not have a restaurant, (it does have lots of rabbits though!)

Also in Lux, Camping Officiel Born is alongside the Erbe which forms the border with Germany between Echternach and Wassbillig, the latter being the old border crossing before the motorway was built. The site has good modern facilities (inc wi-fi) and a restaurant/bar. From there you can visit France, or Trier and the Moselle in Germany.

Many people just shoot off to France and never consider Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland (can be expensive) or Germany (although not so many sites as the other countries.) Belgium also has the advantage (for us) that English is widely spoken in the northern half as few people from outside Belgium or Holland speak Flemish!
thanks for that Woody, have you by any chance stayed at any other belgian sites, i was looking threw camping cheque book (2007 mind you) and was wondering about the following, DE BLEKKER, KOMPAS CAMPING NIEUWPOORT, CAMPING TER DUINEN, ROOSENDAEL, RECREATIEOORD WILHELM TELL, PARC LA CLUSURE AND CAMPING DE CHENEFLEUR. or does blaarmarson take some beating and just go back there? thanks mate, regards mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts