recommendations for site in Cornwall please

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I would like to book our main summer holiday in Cornwall.I am looking for a site with decent play area,maybe a pool or other such amenities but not fussed for a big clubhouse or bar.

Ideally would be walking distance to a safe beach.

Any ideas greatly appreciated,not fussed which part of Cornwall by the way-we love it all!

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi angie

/we have had some great hols on Porth beach caravan park nr Newquay, not too big but they have a nice play are and the beach is just across the road, as is a nice pub, its out of the bustle of newquay but theres lots going on in the area, only downside is its a bit pricey.

Regards Maddy

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Google 'Pentewan Sands' Angie, it's on its own beach and has a small clubhouse and a pool. My only problem was it has sharp sand and my feet are not used to it. I have been spoilt by Scarborough and Bridlington.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for those.Have had a look at both.I think availibility may be a problem though for the summer holidays.

Was unable to book sooner due to hubby's precarious work situation!

Any more recommendations appreciated.

Angie

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Angie

You could try River Valley or Sun Valley both are quite near to Pentewan Beach they both have indoor pools, one has a clubhouse both are very nice. You can cycle along the Pentewan Trail which is lovely. We have stayed on both of these and would highly recommend them.Good luck Mandy

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Try Teveague Farm just beyond Mevagissey. In our opinion the site is wonderful. Huge open space for kids (and mums and dads) to run around in. Looks out to sea and walking distance from beach (steep hill on way home!) We've been every August for the last 5 years since our daughter and her friend were 11. They still want to go again this year! (if they can get the time off work!) Toilet block is adequate although struggles to cope over august bank holiday, no bar or restaurant. Can be very windy although warm so take a kite! We're sure you'll love it too, good luck!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, if you are in the cc what about looe site. it has a pool and a paddling pool, crazy golf, tennis courts, a snax shop, play area no club house ( hooray ). i dont know how far it is from the beach. with cornwall you it will be hard to find everything you want. alot of the beaches arnt that accessable and usually there is a carpark charge. there is still some spaces at the begining of the summers hols ie mid july.

hope this helps.

jo-anne

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
I would recommend Tregarton Park Gorran Nr Mevagissey. Whilst it is not in walking distant to the beach, it has a fantastic pool which is very warm and a play area including tennis court.

The pitches are all individual and the small shop on site offers a takeway.

Also they pitch and level your van for free which is very welcome after a long drive.

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Not neccessarily a recommendation but we have booked to go to Polmanter near st Ives. It is apparently walking distance to st Ives and has pool, play area, tennis courts and bar. It was highly recommended on a previous post. It is our first time so hopefully it fits the bill for us.

Regards

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts