recommendations for site near M1 J18 please

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a site within about 10 miles of J18 of the M1?

Looking for:

electric hook up

accept dogs

To be used for weekend (Fri - Sun) stop over as we're going to a dog show at Rugby. After which we plan to go straight on holidsays to Suffolk.

Found one called Stanford Park near A14 on internet, anyone tried it?

Cheers

Trisha

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Stanford is perhaps a good choice it was a CC site but now private I believe,it has no toilet block however.

It is next to Stanford Hall and is a nice spot,rural so lots of walks for dogs.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You could try Ullesthorpe Garden Centre, just north-west of Lutterworth. You can get decent breakfasts and lunches in the cafe during opening hours - it's a lovely big field with easy access. Their website indicates it was 9.00 per night inc elect in 2008. It has a regular clientelle and was open over the past couple of weekends. It would be an easy drive from here to Rugby using the A426 to approach Rugby from the North side.

Living locally (and therefroe not staying at either) my recollection of attending events at Stanford Hall is that the approach is a bit tortuous! As noted SH used to be a no facility CC site, now privately run.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Plotter, I'll had a look on google earth and location wise it looks good. was wondering if anyone had actually been who could comment. Interesting to hear it was CC site.

I'll take a look at Ullesthorpe Garden Centre Robert, Cheers what do you mean about approach road to Stanford being 'tortuous'?

Trisha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts