Recommendations on sites close to Middlesbrough.

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Michael,

There is a caravan club site at the Tees Barage. I have never been before but it looks good and with it being CC site the facilities will be excellent. We are thinking about going there as both myself and my husband went to uni in Middlesbrough.

Jane

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi - I live in Middlesbrough - so have never stayed at the Tees Barrage site but I have been and had a look around.

It was really quiet and well looked after and the staff we spoke to were very helpful.

It's only about 3 miles to town centre but there is a leisure and shopping park within walking distance.(about 20 mins walk at a guess- but is along major roads).

We actually said that if we didnt live here we would have been happy to stay at this site. There is a pub serving meals at the barrage.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The C.C.Club site at Stockton is next to the white water rafting/canoe site with a ( I think ) Beefeater P.H. nearby. Handy for the Teesside Park shopping complex. Have a look at the satellite view on Google mapping for a better idea. There is a site in Middlesbrough just south of the Prissick School Base though it looks to be pretty basic. There are some attractive sites not too far away from Teesside - near Richmond for example. The C.C. site at Durham is not that far away either.

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Mike, Newbus Grange near Darlo is nice. It has an outdoor pool and park for kids, very well kept from what I remember, bit of a hidden gem.

John

Apr 30, 2007
Visit site
Its a bit over your 8 miles radius, but the Caravan club site at Durham is a gem. With the motorway nearby it would be quite quick to Middlesbrough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts