Recommendations please

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Our newly-purchased van is being serviced this weekend and we will be making our first trip soon. We live near Sheffield so can anyone recommend a really nice site in Yorkshire or Derbyshire? It would be great if our first attempt went well & I think a good site could make all the difference. We don't want to travel too far to start with & we are in the Caravan Club if that helps.

Thanks for your help!

Sue & Frank

LRG

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Strid Wood nr Grassington is a lovely site next to the Wharfe, with nice big hard pitches. Losehill in Castleton is a winner too, lots of nice pubs within walking distance from this one.These are both CC sites. Hope you have a great time wherever you go!

Lorraine

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
any caravan club site will be good.they say chatsworth park is very nice i havent been there i think thats in derbyshire.we got our 1st van brand new in oct 05 and we go to caravan club sites about an hour away if we are going for the weekend.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have just returned from Chatsworth cc site. Lovely site, its flat. Is just down the M1 from Sheffield, easy to find. The site is at the end of a lane, you will go over a small bridge, its single width so take your time also note the directions in the book. We will go back in the future Annette

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have just returned from Chatsworth cc site. Lovely site, its flat. Is just down the M1 from Sheffield, easy to find. The site is at the end of a lane, you will go over a small bridge, its single width so take your time also note the directions in the book. We will go back in the future Annette
Yes, I really fancy going to Chatsworth. I've never been, even though it's so near. It seems to be fully booked at weekends during May & June so we might have to look at a midweek visit.

Thanks

Sue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts