Recommendations

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
We're looking to buy our first motorhome. Looking for a 4 berth with single beds, as I'm 6' 2" the beds will have to be a decent length. It will also need a decent garage for when my son goes golfing with his mates. Looking to spend absolute max £50,000. Wife and my self are going to start looking at the end of next week, travelling down to Durham, Nottingham , York then home (Aberdeen). Any recommendations for dealers and motorhomes would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there Andy and welcome to the Practical Motorhome forum – thanks for posting.

Are you looking to buy new or used? Are you keen on fixed single beds, or are you happy to make them up? Are you looking for a panel van conversion or a coachbuilt? Sorry to ask so many questions, but there's a huge amount of choice out there!

In the meantime, be sure to check out this website's motorhome reviews and classifieds pages.

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi Lizzie,
We're looking to buy new, with fixed single beds.
Open to both van conversion & coach built, we're willing to look at both and see what we like best
I'll look at the reviews and classified and get even more confused. When we go away next week and start looking, I'm sure we'll be even more confused
Thanks
Andy

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andy, welcome.
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics Cap'n."
Fixed singles of the length you need will be rare in van conversions - I don't think a van would be wide enough to sleep across, and lengthways they'd take up most of the living space if they're fixed.
So unless you go the "bespoke" route (perhaps with an "extra LWB" base), you're probably looking at coachbuilts.
When you talk to dealers, at shows or their own places, make sure you stress the "long, fixed singles" from the outset as a "must," and see what they offer you.
Good hunting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts