Recommened sites Cornwall/Devon

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi we're looking at booking our first summer holiday away touring. Would really like to hear if anyone could recommend sites in the Cornwall/Devon area that are close to the beach and have activities for my two young boys.
Thanks in advance,
The James family

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello there, I can recommend Ross Park in Ipplepen - although not close to walk to beach it is easily driveable by car to range of beaches - the site is brilliant as there is a huge leisure field for the kids to ride their bikes, scooters, fly their kites etc. on and a lovely immaculately kept wooden playground trail, outdoor badminton/basketball pitch and then there are free table tennis tables, skittles and a pool and snooker table also. lots of lovely walking areas for the kids to find out about the local insects and birds. Highly recommend this site. The toilets/showers are immacuately kept, the conservatory restaurant food is brilliant and very reasonable price. We are about to book for next July and will take my 16 year old with us this time. Good luck!

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Kevj84

My husband and I stayed at Gwithian Farm near St Ives (5 miles)
http://www.gwithianfarm.co.uk/
This is a brilliant site although no big play area for the kids has enclosed garden with sand pit, table tennis and pets corner but pitches area good size, if you walk to the top of the site and walk across the sand dunes then down onto the beach which is very safe, used by can surf body board etc, but also safe for playing as no major under current. If you choose not to go onto the beach you can explore the dunes there are three/four cafe's to take a rest and if you turn right as you walk onto the dunes and about 30 minute walk away you have a National Trust area where you can watch Seals playing in the water and lounging on the beach.
We loved this site it was clean and well run, toilet block has the normal showers etc, but has separate shower for wet suits, plus family bathroom etc., all kept very clean, the staff are very helpful too! little shop on site which has croissants & pastries delivered twice a week, fish & chip van once a week and fresh fish van once a week. Very friendly pub just across the road with village shop next door.
When I was looking for somewhere to site did put a post on forum, but also email the three sites in the area with specific questions and Gwithian replied within a couple of hours not only answering my questions but giving me more information and this was a Sunday.
All in all lovely site, and you can tell how much we loved it we have already booked to stay again next year and that is a first for us in all our years of caravanning. That’s not saying we haven’t enjoyed any other sites but think it was good in every way.
Hope this helps
Di

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Treloy in Newquay is a nice site, family owned and we found it to be central to everywhere we wanted to go.
Just dont park in the car park by the golf course up by Fistral beach... Handy but keen on the fines !!!!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. We have decided to book one week on the south coast (fresh water park Weymouth) then move onto Treloy Cornwall for the second week. Cofton Holiday park is high on our list for next time.
Many thanks,
The James family

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just back from our 2 week summer holiday in the van. Had fantastic weather (well most of the time) and a couple of great sites. The first was Fresh water beach in Dorset. Great family site right next to the beach. Indoor & outdoor pool all kept very clean and manned/life guarded at all times. Also the site 10 pin bowling, evening entertainment, and restaurant we couldn't fault at all. Just be care full if anyone does visit as the rock face along the beach has some great looking caves but a very unsteady rock face which gave way again the day we was leaving. Luckily no one injuried this time!!!
Our second venture was down to a small family run site near Newquay. Great location and only a couple of miles from crazy Newquay town centre and plenty of lovely sandy beaches near by. We was greeted by the owner who led us on his quad bike to the correct pitch which is always nice when towing a touring caravan round an unknown site. Only a small site but well looked after with a small out door swimming pool. Great little onsite cafe which we couldn't complain about, great value :)
So all in all a great couple of weeks just can't wait now till the next outing.

TRENDING THREADS