Recovery organisations

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
I am a member throught the Caravan Club of Green Flag, so that car or caravan will be recovered in the UK.

However, I have seen an organisation called Autoaid who charge £30 a year and do the same. Does anyone have any experience of them or other organisations?

Alex

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I joined CC Mayday (Green Flag) to provide breakdown cover but was immensely grateful they cover accident and illness as well, unlike most breakdown services.

After a stupid accident (my fault) we had to have a suspended tow 60 miles back to our site and then two days later a piggy-back recovery with caravan on the back, the 360 miles home.

Total cost (value) over

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I am also a member of Greenflag and have been very grateful of their services.

Don't know about Autoaid but check if they will recover the trailer if the car is OK. The AA & RAC will only recover the trailer/caravan if the tow vehicle is broken down.

Also check if Autoaid is one of these recovery services that you have to pay for recovery in advance and claim the cost back.

As I have a boat, a trailer and a caravan I have personal cover with Greenflag which covers me and the wife in any car with any trailer whether owned by us or not.

Bill

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
One major advantage of the Caravan Club Mayday recovery service through Green Flag is that it is the only recovery service to provide double journey cover: i.e. if you break down towing the caravan, or are solo when you are away with the caravan, they will take you on to, or return you to, your caravan site and then recover you home at a time convenient to you if your car can not be repaired.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Alex,

The Sunday Express November 16th *2003* - so the details are no doubt out of date - mentioned AutoAid as a pay and claim cashback policy for a named driver and spouse so the age and mileage of the vehicle is of no concern. Partner cover is for married partners only, pays for labour and recovery only, not parts, U.K. cover only. The number given was 0870 240 6635. As I said this info. is over four years old so may no longer be valid but might just point you in the right direction.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
AutoAid (administered by Eqity Red Star insurance) is a UK only pay and claim offering.

So long as you have a credit card to pay at point of breakdown you are fine. But if you are a long way from home it could cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were a member of Green Flag and following an accident a few years ago I immeadiately cancelled my policy and joined the RAC. Our caravan had been involved in an accident and I informed them that it was on a dangerous bend and not roadworthy. Within a few minutes a recovery vehicle was with me and they removed the van back to their depot with the view of returning it to Bridgend the following Monday. Apparantly the vehicle they had was not licenced to carry a caravan down the M4. I had no option than to have the van removed from the bend and taken to their depot. The following week I had a phone call from the garage requesting payment of over

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
we are members of mayday through the caravan club and have been lucky enough not to have used it yet, although my son is also covered on my policy and called upon their services when he ran out of petrol, they proved to be very efficient on that occasion. We joined mayday for value for money reasons and after more than 18 years working as a RAC patrol I know that in most cases if your going to require recovery for your caravan the likelyhood is the job will be given out to a sub contractor , who probably works for green flag also.

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Thank you all for your contributions. I am a member of Green Flag but Colin's experience makes one question which is the best organisation. It would be good if the CC would look into this and would take part in this forum in the same way that Swift do.

Alex

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts