Reduced Pitch Prices C&CC

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Camping & Caravanning Club have launched their Midsummer Madness special offer with 25% off pitch prices on selected sites from now until July 19th.
My guess is that because the weather has been terrible recently the club is hoping to recover some lost bookings revenue, so every cloud has a silver lining. The offer also applies to non C&CC members who book a C&CC pitch
smiley-cool.gif

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
I got the e-mail about this too and thought "Let's have a few days away" but none of the selected sites are in Scotland so not much use to us. For short breaks we look for a maximum journey time of 2 to 3 hours which rules out anything south of the border.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My email said:
'For a limited time only we're taking 25% off 25,000 standard grass pitches on selected Club Sites. '

The email doesn't mention standard grass pitches only which would have a completely different meaning to what was actually written. The electric hook up is covered by the club service pitch charge which is not part of the discount but the offer is definitely open to caravans, motorhomes and tents.
There are four club sites selected which offer the discount in Scotland, they are Dingwall, Luss, Moffat and Speyside Click Here for more information

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Parksy said:
My email said:
'For a limited time only we're taking 25% off 25,000 standard grass pitches on selected Club Sites. '

The email doesn't mention standard grass pitches only which would have a completely different meaning to what was actually written. The electric hook up is covered by the club service pitch charge which is not part of the discount but the offer is definitely open to caravans, motorhomes and tents.
There are four club sites selected which offer the discount in Scotland, they are Dingwall, Luss, Moffat and Speyside Click Here for more information

I accept that you can use a caravan on a standard grass pitch but I think almost all caravans now use the hook ups. My feeling is that tenters are probably more affected by the weather than caravans and so the offer was aimed more at them.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The hook ups are available on a standard grass pitch Ray, the club service pitch charge of an additional £3.75 per night is mainly for the use of the ehu and payment of this £3.75 magically converts a 'standard grass pitch' into a 'club service pitch'.
The blurb on the C&CC website states that the offer 'Applies to all pitch nights booked between 25th June 2012 - 19th July 2012.'
Tents are normally in a separate area to other units on C&CC sites although the charges are the same for all units, but as you can see, the literature specifies all pitch nights.

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Parksy, your post remided me and I'm now in the middle of a cheap holiday of two weeks. Hard standing, 16A ehu, and plenty of space. Worked out considerably cheaper than most CS or CL's and with the wet weather the hardstanding has been a godsend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts