Refillable LPG cylinders

May 1, 2006
Visit site
We plan to spend 12 months abroad touring a lot of European countries in our caravan and are beginning to realize what a problem getting gas abroad can be. So we are considering getting refillable LPG cylinders and 'top them up' at fuel stations. Has anybody had experience of doing this and can recommend / warn about any particular system.

Thanks in advance

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Carol,

This is a generalisation, but it's prohibited to refill anything other than a vehicle LPG tank at a fuel station - that's the limit of their operating licence and insurance cover.

I work in Holland and have our main house in the UK, and it's a no-no in these countries.

The procedure is to visit an approved refill centre and have your cylinder filled there.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
mthautogas.co.uk sell lightweight (lightw8) refillable cylinders and can supply adapters for continental filling. I've been using them (UK only) for over 2 years. The 5kg/10litre one only weighs 3.5kg empty, so they can post them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carol, have you thought of taking Camping Gas which is available throughout Europe. Yes I knopw there'r small but it would also cut the nose weight and carry some other piece of kit. We did this 30 yrs ago when we first toured Europe with no problems. Bazz.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts