Reich drive roller udate.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a Reich mover and would like to update the original grit coated drive rollers to the improved alloy serrated type.I can find only one source of supply,and at £75.00 each, (I need 2) I think they are well overpriced,I wondered if any other members know of a more economical source. If so I would be most gratefull if they could kindly let me know as it would be much appreciated,Best regards,Clifford.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,Oh dear!! so it seems to me, I and many others have fallen victim of the classic good design with "design weakness"built in con.A few years ago when I originaly bought my Reich mover I new the grit rollers were not the best design but the fact that one could mount the mover to the rear of the axle for increased ground clearance contrary to the rest, and also the motors were mounted inboard were big + points.As the existing rollers only slip when really muddy,unless I can source some new rollers at a reasonable cost, Im going to manage till the end of season, then remove the grit off the old rollers and attach some ribbed devices similar to the update. Anything sooner than give in to blackmail. Perhaps my best option will be to renew the whole setup,theres plenty of movers available now.Thank you all for your concerns and help,its much appreciated Ill post up the final outcome.Cheers Clifford

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had both mine changed in August 08 when one had lost the grit covering by my dealer on an annual service at £29.99 each plus vat. It looks as though £75 is for the pair

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Denis,Who was the dealer? It seems there is only one supplier on Ebay,and he makes the point specially that £75.00 is the price for one only.I'll dig a little deeper armed with your info and check that they are not in error,Regards Cliff.

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Worth checking the mobile fitting firms - they often have better prices. I got mine that way from a fitter who had two that he had purchased then not needed and wanted rid of them.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello Denis, Hows this? Its a small world! my nearest dealer is Reads of Leeds about 2 mls from where I live. Ive known John in accessories over the years quite well from before Reads aquired the business from Leeds Caravans.I'll try them and see what the up to date situation is will let you know how it goes,Thanks.Cliff.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello Ancient Caravaner,also done a few caravaning miles since our Sprite Alpine days.Just to give you an idea how long my better half and I have enjoyed caravaning and still are. About your idea already tried a couple of those mobile fitters and no joy you seem to have been in luck, thanks for your concern and interest,Regards,Cliff

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
We need new rollers for ours as the grit has gone patchy on one of them. I did source some at £49 ish each earlier this year but didn't buy them at the time and now the same company only has them at the £75 the same as everyone else. It seems that perhaps they were old stock (although they were the ridged not the grit) and that the new is now at this exorbitant price. But what choice do we have £150 or at the cheapest £600 for a new mover.

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I had to do mine a couple of weeks ago. Some ofthe grit had come off and then a stone got wedged one side and tore a lot more off. I couldn't find any cheaper than the £75. If you are doing the job yourself you should also fit the plastic guides half way along the rollers as the diameter is smaller there on the newer type of roller over most of its length. The guides are a bit tricky to fit. I ended up snapping the old ones off and then fitting the new ones with new stainless steel self tappers. The rollers aren't too bad. Three 10mm sized nuts on each side to take them and the motors out. Separating the old rollers can be a bit of an issue. One of mine was rusted on. I drifted the roll pin out, got some plusgas on there and eventually twisted it off with a little assistance from a copper bopper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts