REICH mixer tap leak.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, Just been to the storage site to give the caravan a spring clean . First job was to fill the water system with water and aqua tabs and leave for 24hrs to soak. whilst pumping water from aquaroll to on-board tank I heard water leaking from kitchen sink area. upshot of it all was the red pipe going into base of what I think is a Reich Karma tap has come out. I tried pushing it back in but it doesn't stay put and water comes out the pipe. I cant see clearly under the tap, cant find an exploded diagram to see if there is a clip or something missing or weather the base of the tap is cracked. Yes the whole system was drained before winter layup and all taps were left open. Can anyone shed light on this. And yes I've seen there are 2 sizes.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem over Easter.

If you have the same tap the pipes are terminated in a plastic sleeve with an O ring and are a pressed fit into a hole they are then locked into place with a plastic clip. Ease the clip out and the pipes will come free.

I did this and re assembled it. It looked fine until the next time we used the tap and the whole top came off resulting in a fountain. The cause of all the problem was the barrel between the base and the tap top having a split where is is threaded into the base. As it is plastic this was terminal.

Off to the local caravan supplies and found the replacement Riech was £120!!!!!, found a Whale unit for £49.99
and it's a better looking unit. Fitted it by removing the sink unit this gave me access to the base of the tap and the pipe work.

As the van is under a dealer warranty rang them on our return and they sent me the cost of the replacement tap. Result. Thank you The Caravan Company.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Looking online a replacement tap is between £55 to £65 the connections are white plastic with o ring compression fitted into what looks like about 10 mm braided nylon hose as you say. looks like I will have to take the tap off to inspect it and see if the base is cracked or look for the retaining clip if its on there still. Got a friend of a friend in the trade so new unit will be a bit cheaper.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
2 new flexi pipes, 2 straight connectors, 1 new "T" piece numerous fittings of tap, sink and lots of mopping up, many words not found in the Oxford concise and a few scratches to ones person and a waste of the whole weekend not to mention still didn't get to wash the van as there were other vans still on the wash bay and I think I got it sorted. ................On the bright side I now consider my self an expert in the removal and replacement of said vans kitchen sink supply.........I hope. :p

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Well done. As I said Result.

Just think of the money you have saved not paying to have a reasonably simple job done by the so called experts.

I did once think of saving any labour cost I did not have to pay by DIY but could not afford it !!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jignc said:
Well done. As I said Result.

Just think of the money you have saved not paying to have a reasonably simple job done by the so called experts.

I did once think of saving any labour cost I did not have to pay by DIY but could not afford it !!!!!!!!!!!

There are some caravanners who have no intention or inclination to undertake this type of job, in which case they may want or need to use professional assistance. Not everyone will have your skill set.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts