Reich motor mover, move control economy twin.

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
Evening chums, I'm in the market for a twin axle mover.

I've been offered one local to me, it's a Reich move control economy twin.

Just wondered if anyone here has any experience of the Reich mover.

It's the same as this one.. http://www.midlandmotormovers.co.uk/Caravan-Movers/Reich/Move-Control-Economy-Caravan-Mover-TWIN-Axle

Many thanks

Rog.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I had the 2002 Reich Comfort that shares the design of their "Economy" range. I had it till 2008 when the van was sold. In my case it was a single axle van.
I was very impressed and it was trouble free; of particular note is its use of very good quality UK made motor gearbox units from a company I used for the supply of military actuator units. Unlike many competitors who use far eastern made motor units.
The only criticism of the Reich basic unit design I can find is that the unit remains low right out to the edge. All these underslug movers feature much the same ground clearance as a stiff beam is used under the chassis rails, but most others don't extend at that low level out so far. Thus the Reich is more prone to be kerbed, though I knew this and ensured I drove accordingly.
Where they by design offer a real advantage is the motor units are tucked well away from tyre spray/wheel box flushing, so are relatively immune to water creeping past the rubber boot to the electrical connections etc.

I would have unhesitatingly gone for another Reich when I changed vans but at that time they did not make a mover for 1900 kg single axle vans. Very good products.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I too bought a second hand one recently. I decided to have it re powder coated, as some areas of the paint were flaking off and a limited amount of rusting present, so I would check if condition is acceptable to you. The main area to check is inside the U section behind the rollers which can't help but catch everything thrown at it. I guess this where the cover on the more expensive model comes in.

This of course required a strip down to the major components, which is easy as no special tools are required. What was unexpected was the use of stainless fasteners throughout the assembly, apart from those holding the motor gearbox. This is a nice touch and combined with the quality and sturdiness of construction makes it feel a premium product.

One thing I did notice is that all the plain nylon bearings at the outside end of the roller (remove the reich sticker to release) were dry and stiff, and must have imposed quite an extra load on the battery. This is probably because of its exposed position.

Can't help with operation I'm afraid, as not yet fitted to pending van purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts