Reich Motor Movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am changing from a twin axle to a single axle van next March. Due to advancing years I intend to have a Motor Mover fitted. Carvers seem problem prone, so my choice is between Powrtouch and Reich. All makes seem effective when working, and I can find numerous endorsements of Powrtouch (subject to Roller coating issues). However I cannot find much about Reich. Has anyone any experience of Reich Movers, and if so is it good or bad, and would they recommend them?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
dave, may be of some help, I have a Powrtouch fitted to my van and recently had a service engineer out to look at a small prob withthe water heater.

Because of where the van is stored, I moved it on its mover, about 200 yards, in both directions and it was on a shingle type surface, not the best for moving on, and uphill one way, downhill the other,,anyway, after the moves were finished, the engineer said,,,,"Thats the best demo of the powrtouch I have ever seen, no wonder I have about 6 Reich movers in my workshop which I cannot give away".

I think that says a lot about the Powrtouch, and very speaks volumes about the Reich.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave - it was me who had the problem with the powrtouch rollers. Powrtouch were great new rollers were sent immediately and an engineer came to fit them. He had never come across this problem before and I've used the powrtouch a couple of times since with no problems. powrtouch live up to their 5 year no quibble guarantee.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Carver mover fitted to my caravan and find it to be totally reliable and well capable of moving my caravan around as and when I need to. I cannot imagine a better product to the one fitted to my caravan. Yes, Powrtouch and Reich are probably just as good but as I have not owned these makes I cannot comment, have others who condemn a product actually owned or operated it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, I agree with Paul - don't touch Carver/Truma. Their after sales service is absolutely non-existent even within their measly 12 month warranty. My rollers fell apart after 6 months and, although they admitted there was a problem with one batch, they absolutely refused compensation or assistance. I have heard nothing but praise for Powertouch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

I have owned a Reich Move Control for three years and am delighted with it. It is a well engineered piece of kit. I looked at all three makes at the NEC. The choice came down to between the Powertouch and the Reich but personally I thought the Reich to be the better of the two but I am sure which ever one to buy you will be delighted with.

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts