Reich Mover in front or behind wheel

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have ordered a Reich mover and it can be fitted at the front or rear of the wheels. I have Alko side lift jacking points and Reich produce a modification that allows an Alko side lift jack to still be used. Has anyone had this fitted and does it still allow the Alko side lift jack to be used effectively? Also with a front mounted mover has anyone had any problems with ferry ramps?

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I have a Reich mover fitted to my Senator.It is mounted at the front of the wheels. We have never had any problems with this passing over ferry ramps or speed ramps. Just take it easy and go slow.Cant help you with Alko jack.

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
I have a Powrwheel mover fitted if front of the axle, so the Alco side lifting brackets being fitted behind the axle create no problem. You should have no problem on ferry ramps either, although the Reich is slightly lower than the Powrwheel. Hull/Rotterdam ferry loaders take you up the ramp at an angle and one of the loaders gets down on "all fours" just to make sure you are clear! Mainly because if your mover hits the ramp it will knock it back onto the wheels and delays loading, making them not very happy chappies!!

Tankie

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had to have the Powertouch mover fitted behind the wheels on my Swift Challenger because the heating ducting comes throught the floor infront of the wheel.

This means that I cannot use the Al-Ko jacking points or an Al-Ko

spare wheel carrier. Have the mover fitted infront of the wheels if at all possible. This will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Steve W

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
I had to have the Powertouch mover fitted behind the wheels on my Swift Challenger because the heating ducting comes throught the floor infront of the wheel.

This means that I cannot use the Al-Ko jacking points or an Al-Ko

spare wheel carrier. Have the mover fitted infront of the wheels if at all possible. This will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Steve W
Steve, what are you using for jacking in the event of a puncture? Did you know Aldi are selling 2ton hydraulic jacks at the moment for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts