Reich mover refusing to move!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Moved my caravan a few feet last week using the Reich mover in order to get to a garden trailer, every thing worked as it should ( the battery has been on trickle charge for weeks.) when I then went to move the van back to its original position one of the movers had stopped working, I checked with a multi meter and I am getting Plus 12 volts one way and minus 12 volts the other so electrically things seem to be OK, Any Ideas wat the problem might be?

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Truma mover last year.
Moved the caravan about 5 ft.
Returned less than 3 minutes later to move it into my drive and it refused to move.
Eventually found out that the remote control had packed up.
Had to buy a new one.
Adrian

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Sounds like the motor is faulty.

But to make sure swap the connections over in the "box", if the motor is still not working replace it, or strip it down to find the fault, if possible

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that Ray, I shall do the swap over check in the morning, would you have any idea where I might get hold of a replacement motor if it comes to that?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
gm4pgv said:
Thanks for that Ray, I shall do the swap over check in the morning, would you have any idea where I might get hold of a replacement motor if it comes to that?
Just out of interest do the motors turn when disengaged from the wheels? When I had a Reich Mover I always found Reich UK very helpful so its worth contacting them.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
gm4pgv said:
Hi David, only one of the motors turn when disengaged from the wheels, thanks for the advice re contacting reich UK .

Its perhaps likely to be the solenoids in the electronic control box that could be causing your problem. I had a similar situation and I sent the box back to Reich and they refurbished it and turned it round very quickly.

David

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
ive never been too impressed with our reich but in its defence it has never let us down ! untill yesterday when we went to pick the van up from france after a vyear of it being out there, the motor mover worked fine to get the van in to its position for us to stay the week but when i came to move it yesterday it had one mptor refusing to work, the meter proved power was going to the motor but nothing was happening, i traced it to dirty brushes on the motor, i cleaned them up put them back in and the motor mover is once again working as good as new. well worth trying the brushes before you call out a very expensive engineer. ps, they are behind the plastic cover on the motor where the wires go in.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
It could be that the brushes are dodgy on that motor, you could try and tap (gently) the side of the motor housing, that has worked for me in the past, the fault turned out to be one of the brushes had a crack in, so sometimes it worked and other times it never.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Great news, my Reich mover has sprang back into life! all it took was a gentle tap on the side of the motor with a hammer to free the stuck brushes and all was well, but I shall be taking the motor (s) out before the season gets under way to clean out the lands

Thanks to all who replied and especially Gary and martin_E .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts