Reich Trend E Dismantling

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi I have what I believe is i Reich Trend E mixer tap which is leaking from one of the swivel joints. Research seems to indicate that changing the internal cartridge will solve this.
The problem I have is getting the top cap off. There is no plastic grommet to remove to reveal any grub screws and there appears to be no means of fixing at all. The handle unscrews to reveal a plastic washer and screw hole but nothing else. Pulling upwards produces no movement and I do not want to apply too much force in case I cause more damage.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Tap.jpg
    Tap.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 11
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
If it's like the one I did recently (can't remember the brand) unscrew the handle, then small allen key to undo the grub screw. The top half then just lifts off

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi Bluetonic,
Thanks for the reply.
I have unscrewed the handle but there appears to be no grub screw be it hex head or Torx which is mentioned in videos and other posts so I am at a loss as what to do.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I find changing the cartridge doesn’t help. In my case the tap body had also worn so a new cartridge did nothing. Take the old tap with you to screw fix and match a replacement. However if yours has pressure switches you will have to think again.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi I have what I believe is i Reich Trend E mixer tap which is leaking from one of the swivel joints. Research seems to indicate that changing the internal cartridge will solve this.

I doubt if the advice you have found is sound, as I can't see how the cartridge solves a leak at specifically any of the swivelling joints. In my experience these typically have "O" ring seals.

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
If anyone is following this post I have finally managed to dismantle the tap.
After removing the handle the silver cap pulled off revealling a plastic fitting underneath which is held onto the cartridge by an ordinary screw. This fitting pulled off the cartridge lever but be careful as it has a micro switch attached. The rest was easy.
However I still have a leak so as previously mentioned it is probably a perished O-ring so some further investigation is needed but at least I now know how to get the damn thing apart.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up PTN, until folk are informed of the little intricicitys ( fumblings) we are working blind. Hope you get seals to cure the leak.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts