Reimes area recommendations?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Just joined the forum today, learnt quite a lot already!

I am looking for a recommendation for a decent caravan site in the Reimes area for a one night stopover, possibly again on the way back too.. I have never been abroad with a caravan before, and have no knowledge of camping cheques or vouchers.. so a site with a way to easily book it would be a bonus!

Thanks in anticipation,

Ed

ps we are an older couple, no kids to consider!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Edwin, and welcome to the Forum'

When are you going on holiday? Most French towns have a municipal site of some sort - and you really don't need to book these, especially outside the peak two weeks in late July. Unfortunately Reims doesn't, at least to my knowledge. However, I do understand that as it's your first time you'll want to book somewhere.

The nearest campsite, just to the north of Reims, is probably the municipal site at Guignicourt, just off the A26 at junction 14. We haven't stayed there personally, but I think I've seen it recommended by others, and it's in the Alan Rogers Guide:

This very pleasant little municipal site has 100 pitches, 50 for long stay units and 50 for tourists. These two sections are separated by the main facilities on a higher terrace. Pitches are generally large and level, although you might need an extra long electricity lead for some, but there are few dividing hedges. Pitches along the river bank have most shade, with a few specimen trees providing a little shade to some of the more open pitches. You may notice a low level hum from the nearby Generale Sucri

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for those suggestions. We are going on 5th Aug, to a Cajun music festival. I didn't realise that "municipal sites" were on a "just turn up" basis. Do they tend to be sensible places to stop, are there any issues to watch out for, apart from that they might be full when one arrives? Any advice most greatfully recieved.

Cheers,

Edwin

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In peak season it's possible that a popular municipal site on a 'route' may fill up. Outside peak season it's unlikely. However, if you can get to a site early then you have more chance of finding a pitch on any site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts