Rejuvenating black trim

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For years now I have used Comma Black Trim Wax which is a black waxy fluid. It can be fiddly to achieve an even coating. After seeing good reviews of Autoglym trim and bumper gel I took out a loan. Very easy to apply and supposedly lasts well too.

Been on for a week now and washed the car this afternoon. . It seems to be β€œfixed”. Time will tell.

Ps car is 7 years old.

IMG_3573.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Preparation is going to be everything in this scenario lest you find yourself having to explain to your insurance provider why it seemed like a good idea. :D

• Haha
Reactions: otherclive
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I've used Gtechniq C4... It's great, makes the plastic look like new, without being greasy to the touch. Only works on textured plastic, did not touch my car's smooth plastic grille which has some kind of TFR burn, and unlike it's name, is not permanent. Turtle Wax Graphene Acrylic Trim Restorer is much cheaper and does a good job on old textured trim.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I've used Gtechniq C4... It's great, makes the plastic look like new, without being greasy to the touch. Only works on textured plastic, did not touch my car's smooth plastic grille which has some kind of TFR burn, and unlike it's name, is not permanent. Turtle Wax Graphene Acrylic Trim Restorer is much cheaper and does a good job on old textured trim.
It does get good reports but it is very expensive, and would not have worked on the screen valance which is smooth.

TRENDING THREADS