Renault Laguna Estate

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
Have just purchased an Avondale Dart 556/6. I have had some concerns whether the Renault will tow it, but to my joy it is fab!! Correct packing (More luck than judgement!!), and sensible driving have made it a pleasure to tow.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you checked your smallprint, regarding the maximum tow limit. Renault usually only quote for driver only, thus when you add passengers etc, the towing limit drops significantly. I would be wary and check the train weight because if you get stopped and are over, its a

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
I have been lead to belive that you get the fine for your actual train weight. (Car+Van+Stuff+People)This works out to 2950kg. The car is 1250, the van is 1070, which leaves me with 600kg to play with. I really hope i have got it right because i really dont need a

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
I have been lead to belive that you get the fine for your actual train weight. (Car+Van+Stuff+People)This works out to 2950kg. The car is 1250, the van is 1070, which leaves me with 600kg to play with. I really hope i have got it right because i really dont need a

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I have a 1998 Laguna estate and tow a twenty foot twin axle caravan weighing 1360kgs max behind it. what I did to varify my weight was to load the van and car as if we were going away for a break, including out two hefty Labradors. Then I drove to our local farmers grain merchant gave him a fiver and got the whole outfit weighed. We done the gross train (car, caravan and occupants) the max weight of the caravan on it's own and the weight of the car on it's own, all for the price of a pie & a pint.

By the way the outfit tows fine despite being within 50kgs of top train weight. Renaults may be a little stingey on the tow eight but they certainly have the power, torque and gear box ratio's sorted.

I've towed for over twenty years with ten different cars in the renault range and found them to stand up to the stick of towing very well and also they give good fuel economy, currently 32mpg from my 2 Ltr estate.

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I have a 1998 Laguna estate and tow a twenty foot twin axle caravan weighing 1360kgs max behind it. what I did to varify my weight was to load the van and car as if we were going away for a break, including out two hefty Labradors. Then I drove to our local farmers grain merchant gave him a fiver and got the whole outfit weighed. We done the gross train (car, caravan and occupants) the max weight of the caravan on it's own and the weight of the car on it's own, all for the price of a pie & a pint.

By the way the outfit tows fine despite being within 50kgs of top train weight. Renaults may be a little stingey on the tow eight but they certainly have the power, torque and gear box ratio's sorted.

I've towed for over twenty years with ten different cars in the renault range and found them to stand up to the stick of towing very well and also they give good fuel economy, currently 32mpg from my 2 Ltr estate.
Thank you very much!! you have just saved me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts