Renault Scenic - HELP ME!

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I am about to go and buy a 1.9dci with 120bhp tomorrow and am ready up on comments from everyone and now beginning to panic, should I be. My van is 1180ish with a mover to go on to it too, am I not legal with 2 adults and 2 kids in the car too, I thought I had done my homework by doing 85% of the kerbweight and making sure their tow braked weight is not less than the kerbweight, have I done it wrong, would appreciate your comments asap. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The thing is that the 85% figure does not have any legal significance. What is important is that you do not exceed the manufacturer's maximum permissible towload spec, the maximum allowable GVW and gross train weight. In the case of Renault's, the max. gross train weight is most important because it is less than the sum of GVW plus max. towload. This means that you can't load the car fully if the caravan is fully laden, and vice versa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi sue.i towed with this car for 1 year,towed my bailey champyne pageant no problem,cars handbook shows max tow weight 1300 kgs,to be honest i flogged the renault after a year as i found it very uncomfortable to drive and if you looked at paintwork to close it scratched,but i think i was a wee bit pernikety,as i said it towed my van,fullyloaded no problem from scotland to cornwalland all over north england for a year,best of luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts