Renault Towing Limits

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
For all Renault owners who can't figure out why the towing limits of their cars are restricted further by relatively low gross train weight specs, perhaps this is the answer:

Renault Dauphine towing caravan

Obviously, Renault took heed of what they learnt back in the 50's.

I happened to come across the picture in the Renault archives.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Looks like the nose weight was about right.

The lads at work dug out a vidieo of a renault 5 towing a twin axle van up a track and careering back down when tha clutch gave out, just to wind me up about my outfit (Laguna and 20ft twin axle van).

I returned the compliment with a vidieo of me using my Renault 5 to manouver the caravan on and off the drive at home.

They were less impressed when I turned up at work with the van and plugged it into the factory so that her ladyship and the rest of the troop could watch tv while I did my 8 hour shift.

It took up 7 car parking spaces and by the time my boss arrived he had to park on the road. Mind you one of my wife's BLT's soon had him won over.

There was a big investigation as to why security let me in though. What could I say though, the guard did look very comfy watching the breakfast show on the company TV, so I breezed through the open barrier.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
And why not me old mate, it was an interesting trip down memory lane to see an old Dauphine.

Having owned 17 Renaults and spent less than

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
I tow a 12 foot two berth Compass Merit 1992 with a Renault Megane 5 door 1.6 1996. Been all over europe. struggle sometimes on hills in the UK but patience is a virtue.

TRENDING THREADS