Renewal...please read!

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hope this helps...rang my insurers after a renewal came through the post to see why it was the same as last year, turns out there is no NCB after three years.

Anyway whilst on the phone the girl checked the cover I had which was £12,000 new for old. She looked at the current price of my van ( mine being a pageant series 5 ) which would be new for old, a pageant series 7 and informed me that I did not have enough cover as the price of my van had gone up and if my van got nicked that night I would get Glass's guide value of around £8,500.

After weighing up the options I agreed to pay the extra as much aas I dont like the Series 7 I would rather have that than try and buy another van with all the gear for £8,500

I asked her what would have happened if I hadn't contacted her and she just said ' well you would have never known '

So just because your insurance is new for old check the current price of replacing your van

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are insured with the Caravan Club. When we renew / change the 'van, they look at new price tables and tell us what the cost of the new model year is and therefore what we need to insure new-for-old at. Can't get it wrong if the insurer does it this way.

Neal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts