Renting Vehicles with Towbars

Oct 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure many of us have found ourselves without a tow car due to breakdown or (like me!) an accident.

Does anyone know of any companies that are able to rent vehicles of any type with a towbar. The mainstream companies don't want to know because of the risk of damage to the chassis and the list on the Caravan Club website appears to be out of date.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A few years ago I experienced this problem whereby a local service bus hit my car whilst parked. I claimed for a courtesy car with tow bar otherwise I would be claiming for loss of expences for site fees, family disappointment. etc. I had a brand new Ford Mondeo 2.0 litre petrol fitted with a tow bar from 3 Arrows. The company was brilliant, in fact they had trouble in getting the bar fitted on time and they delivered the car by lorry at approx. 7:30 pm the night before we were due to go away. Excellent service in my opinion and could not be faulted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A few years ago i had a company car which broke down needing a new cylender head this coincided with our touring holiday .The company tried all the usual hire car outfits ,but no luck with the tow bar .Then i had an idea i called at a small garage that did repairs and and car sales ,they fixed me up with a mondeo 2ltr diesel which was for sale but as they were a small outfit they were happy to hire it out to us for 2 weeks .You could try a similar garage ,The big hirers dont want to know [Ring around ],and good luck Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ring round every hire company in the Yellow Pages. Most rent vans with towbars and quite a few rent Land Rovers with towbars. Our local hire place (Freeway) also hires out people carriers with towbars fitted.

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hello Barry; this is my third attempt at posting this Friday afternoon; so here goes :

Yes I have hired a tow vehicle from TON Hire in Paddock Wood, near Tunbridge Wells (Kent). The Manager Graham is a caravaner and has a range of towing vehicles including Renault Espace (excellent) and a load of 4x4s.

Hope it works out for you

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts