Rep. of Ireland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You will find the sites in Ireland as good as any in Britain. Just take what you normally have in your caravan. the amps are the same as at home. I live in N Ireland.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You will find the sites in Ireland as good as any in Britain. Just take what you normally have in your caravan. the amps are the same as at home. I live in N Ireland.
I also live in Northern Ireland.It depends on what you are use to Pete, if you are expecting standards like - for example Caravan Club sites in GB, there are only a handful that come close in Ireland, the rest vary a lot in quality and facilities. Don't let it put you off though, the scenery is superb and the roads generally not too busy (except greater Dublin area) Im sure you will find many sites that satisfy your expectations, just be prepared for roughing it a bit at times. One of the main issues is power supplies. These are frequently low amperage (around 5 amp)and I've experienced several sites with severe voltage drops when busy so don't depend entirely on electric kettle etc. Also, make sure you have plenty of gas on board as your standard 5 or 9kg calor (think that's the right sizes!)cylinders cannot be obtained in the Republic of Ireland.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Pete, not quite as the first reply states. It depends what you are used to, if you are looking for the quality and consistency of say caravan club sites in GB, there are a handful that come close but you will find varying degrees of quality of sites in Republic of Ireland. I'm sure most will satisfy your requirements but be prepared for the odd disappointment! Don't let it put you off, scenery spectacular and roads generally uncongested(outside Dublin area). Care with some roads especially in Kerry and Donegal, not caravan friendly!. One of the issues is electricity supplies, many sites have low amperage (5 amps) so don't depend entirely on electric kettles and microwaves) also in busy times I have experienced mayor voltage drops on some sites. Bring plenty of gas as your calor 4.5 and 7 kg cylinders are not available in R of I. Here is a link to a good site listing http://www.camping-ireland.ie/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts