Repair or not??

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
My husband and I are looking to trade our 2008 coachman laser in this year but in november we had an accident that left a gouge in the nearside back corner of the van about 15 inches long. It's water tight having been siliconed up at the time and has since been serviced, The question is though do we get it repaired before trading in or just leave it??? We have been quoted £400 to repair.
Thanks Aimee

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Aimee
Are you insured for this damage? Or will you fund the cost yourself?
If you are doing a px and are happy to drop the price by the cost of repairs , you would be paying the repair cost anyway, then it seems to me you will remain cash neutral.

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dustydog,
We are insured but due to the fact that they will whack the premiums up we were going to fund the repairs ourselves, and yes we are willing to take a price reduction for the damage.
We are just thinking along the lines of seeing how much they offer without a repair.
Cheers Aimee

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I assume that you thinking of trading in at a dealer. Best to just ask the question and then decide. It would not cost a dealer as much as it will cost you to get the repair fixed if they do it in-house.
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts