Repairing blinds

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the whole blind has to be dismantled, although not knowing the model you have there could be a way. I would try you tube as there are videos of everything on there and a video might be far better than one of us trying to explain.
If you can say what blinds you have or the make age and model of the caravan it might help.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried You Tube. Found a great video for fixing a caravan fly screen door on there. We totally failed of course and had to buy a new one, but it was a great video.
Mel

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
To repair you will need to take the blind off the wall. I replaced a torn flyscreen before

There is a very thin round plastic strip that holds the fly screen into the rail with the handle on. You can just about see this strip in your photo.

When made at the factory this plastic strip is either slid into the rail from one end or the rail crimped around the strip.

Once you have the blind off the wall don't try to pull out the strip and flyscreen out from the aluminum rail, It will end disaster. And you will never get it back in. I speak from experience.

The only thing you can really do is to use something that's thin and plastic and try to push the flyscreen and the plastic strip back into the aluminum rail. Taking great care not to damage the fly screen. It takes time and quite a lot of force

Good luck you will need it.

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Just a quick update on how I've repaired this without removing the blind, used clips to hold the fabric down, slid it back into the rail, then poured super glue into the rail.

20190615-162918.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts