replacement axle costs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 93 fleetwood garland 165/5. The 'arms' on the axle between the wheel and the bit that goes across the van are very rusty has anyone any idea of the cost of replacing an axle if it did need done?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Some time ago I looked into having the MTPLM of my caravan uprated. This would have involved exchanging the axle. When I heard they wanted about ₤650 (incl. new tyres but plus labour) I backed off the idea.

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Some time ago I looked into having the MTPLM of my caravan uprated. This would have involved exchanging the axle. When I heard they wanted about ₤650 (incl. new tyres but plus labour) I backed off the idea.
Hi Mark, On a Van of this age it's not unusal to have rust in the area you describe, jack the van up put an axle stand under the axle remove the wheel and give the suspension arm a good wire brushing. unless there's something bent or broken in that area a new axle should'nt be neccesary, if your not sure get an caravan engineer to have a look!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is quite common as the metal for these axle componenets are of a cast metal which by nature rusts. For example I have a new car with the same sort of cast metal and this too has rusted in the same way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts