Replacement Battery for IDM 3 Alarm on Bailey Senator Arizona 2006

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
The alarm on the above caravan was not working and so I suspected the alarm battery needed replacing. With difficulty I opened the alarm box (it was squeezed in next to the fuse box and I had to remove the wooden surround and use long screwdrivers) The battery that I removed was a Yuasa Yucel 1.2-12FR 12v 1.2Ah C20 Lead Acid Battery. After searching the internet I ordered a replacement based on the photo on the Connectec website. which showed the above details. However, when the battery arrived this morning it was a Yuasa Yucel 1.2-12 12v 1.2Ah C20 without the FR. (Connectec had used the wrong photo!!) The FR apparently means Flame retardant. Does anyone know if I need a flame retardant battery? The FR version of the battery is available but at approx 2x the price.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The alarm on the above caravan was not working and so I suspected the alarm battery needed replacing. With difficulty I opened the alarm box (it was squeezed in next to the fuse box and I had to remove the wooden surround and use long screwdrivers) The battery that I removed was a Yuasa Yucel 1.2-12FR 12v 1.2Ah C20 Lead Acid Battery. After searching the internet I ordered a replacement based on the photo on the Connectec website. which showed the above details. However, when the battery arrived this morning it was a Yuasa Yucel 1.2-12 12v 1.2Ah C20 without the FR. (Connectec had used the wrong photo!!) The FR apparently means Flame retardant. Does anyone know if I need a flame retardant battery? The FR version of the battery is available but at approx 2x the price.
I agree with Otherclive it should be replaced like for like, however we have a 2006 Oklahoma and the battery in the box next to the distribution box is for backup in case the leisure battery is disconnected or flat, if the alarm isn't working with a charged leisure battery the problem could be something else on the alarm

Gra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts