Replacement carpets

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2010 coachman Amara which I purchased about a year ago, when getting back from our holiday I lifted the carpets to clean the van I noticed the carpet backing has come away and has just turned to dust when touched.
Is there anywhere to purchase replacement carpets from or just have new carpets cut and whipped edges??

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You can buy new carpets from numerous places, but on my last two caravans, I have bought household carpets and fully fitted them myself, you don't get half of the dirt under the carpets , just vacum them after a trip and Vacs wash them once a year.
Cost between £60 to £100 depending on the quality of the carpet you want.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark,
The standard caravan carpet is not particularly high quality, so even an offcut from a carpet shop is likely to be better than what you already have and probably a lot cheaper than getting official replacements..

As for fitting you will need to check your own caravan, but most caravan I saw when I was working with them, the carpet was laid on the floor and much of the furniture screwed down through the carpet! :huh: So you might be better getting carpet cut to size (from an offcut) and getting the edges whipped

Just a note of caution your new carpet is likely to weigh more than yur original so it will use up a few more kg of payload.

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
We had new carpets made, using our existing carpets as patterns. They were then given bound edges by the carpet retailer!
There was no difference in the weight of the new carpets over the old ones!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I doubt that our fully fitted carpets weigh more than 5 kg than the originals, and when we resell the van we can sell the van with brand new looking carpets. And then the dealer would say, " No Dogs" would you believe that. ?mmmmm. And fitted varpets no change to the nose weight.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carpets in my Elddis fell to pieces after about a year. Elddis didn't want to know, said we shouldn't have got them wet, which we had not. No warning labels, nothing in handbook. Dealer replaced them with some of much the same quality, so they will need replacing soon.Basically only fit for making templates for your own decent quality replacements.
I'd prefer to see carpets and a number of other things on an options list rather than as standard fit.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We took our new ones out after a few months and bought some Runner carpets from ropers where we got the caravan and from I think 3 of them cost less than £20 and run from front to the back pretty much covering the width as well . Still looking fresh and new after a hoover .

Craig

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The day we brought our new caravan home we went to one of the large carpet chains and bought a piece of end roll.Enough to cover the entire floor.
Using the originals as templates .Bingo.
They are drop ins . No need for whipped edges.
They get changed every two years. The originals are still in the loft and will come out as and when we change caravans.
Cost has never been more than £50 for excellent quality.
Far better than the original.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Our drop-in carpets are a slightly loose fit, so when we use replacements when on green field sites they are also loose. I wish I had made a floor templates rather than using the original carpets as templates. :(

gyp

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Carpets in our Lunar Quasar kept moving all over the place annoying us both. As a trial i bought 4 metre of the cheapest carpet of 4metre wdth from Carpetright .We only need 1 metre length .I used my original carlets as templates and am very pleasd with my £2.99 per Sq Mt as i have spent less than £12.These do not move atall.I have not stuck them to the floor.They are wearing ver well so far and my original ones are in pristine condition if we decide to sell

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts