Replacement for shattered front window

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
last week when travelling up the A1 towards Scotch Corner in the 50mph restricted traffic lanes, with the usual almost nose to tail conditions in the 2 allocated lanes, one of these amber flashing light units which normally are fixed to the top of the lane divider cones came at me at high speed and took out my car door mirror and attached caravan extension mirror then carried on through the front off-side caravan window finishing up in the caravan complete with a rather large battery.I'm now left with the problem of finding a replacement for the shattered window.I am at present trying and find a used one from a breaker This hopefully will give a reasonable colour match if from the same van and year.the other option will be to have one made to pattern by a firm at Halifax called Exhaust Ejector Co.My question is has anyone on the forum had replacement windows made by them and if so I would be gratefull if they would kindly let me know how everything went on.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EECO is a good place to get replacement windows from, and have a very quick return.

They will need the remnants of your old window, including the hinge but not the catches or stays (but check with them first)

They will colour match easily and I have used their services on many occasions and have always been very satisfied with their products, as have my customers.

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I was in the York area a couple of weeks ago and needed to replace a part urgently.

I was directed to Feoffee caravans who have a shed full of spare bits including windows.

May be worth an enquiry - WWW.feoffeecaravans.co.uk PH 01759 380 259.

Good luck.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
I can also recommend Exhaust Ejector Co. We had a new toilet window made by them 5 years ago for an ABI Jubilee Equerry. I seem to remeber that the old window had to be sent so that the copy could be made.

An excellent service all the same.

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
hi all

just a bit of info

i contacted eeco yesterday for an estimate on a cracked front middle window on my 2008 compass corona.

i got a mail back today - they will pick up the window at a time to suit me - they said they could match any tint that the window might have and return it to me for

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I am considering makeing a claim when I know the costs,and going to Halifax to order the window later today (I live 10 miles away) I'll keep everyone in the picture how it all turns out.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We had a window made by EECO - we took our old window out, and took it over to them. The replacement is fine - an exact match to the other windows, and we replaced it without problems.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,just a few words to let all know how very pleased I am with the replacement window supplied and manufactured by EECO.I feel I must comment on my surprise at the quality and nearness of match to the original windows,and lets not forget my replacement is one of three front ones.Its a pleasure to still be able to benefit from British craftsmanship.So a thank you to the forum members for your good advice and of course to EECO,Best Regards,Clifford Barker.

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,just a few words to let all know how very pleased I am with the replacement window supplied and manufactured by EECO.I feel I must comment on my surprise at the quality and nearness of match to the original windows,and lets not forget my replacement is one of three front ones.Its a pleasure to still be able to benefit from British craftsmanship.So a thank you to the forum members for your good advice and of course to EECO,Best Regards,Clifford Barker.
hi clifford

if you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you.

my front middle window cracked after a stone hit my compass, i emailed them and was told they could match any tint that the window might have and return it to me for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts