Replacing cooker

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Blimey do they ever give up? Since making the cooker purchase I have had 3 phone calls regarding taking out insurance cover to protect the appliance.

I have pointed out that the unit comes with a 2 year warranty so pointless paying for any sort of service cover plan in that period plus of course there is CRA 2015. Next came the argument of accidental damage and I pointed out that our goods are covered by our household insurance for accidental damage.

Their cover for new appliances may be as little as £11.98 per month, but over a 5 year period this amounts for £718.80. Taking into account our current cooker lasted 11 years and if we had been paying for a service plan the total cost would have been £1581.36 nearly 4 times as much as the cooker cost originally!

I have extended the manufacturers warranty for breakdowns for an additional period of 3 years at a total cost of £83. A no brainer!

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It’s just the start. We get around 1 call per month for years to offer insurance for a washing machine or fridge. They usually say your present plan is coming to an end. When I ask about the mysterious plan they can’t give details. In fact they can’t even tell me the make of our machine.

I blame the sellers selling my info to these chancers. Annoys me no end.

John

Reactions: Bluetonic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts