Replacing Curtains

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Just having a look through and found some older posts regarding replacing curtains in caravan, most people said they were going to buy new curtains from say Dunelm and alter them, that's ok but you would need to buy at least 90/90 inches that would be quite expensive, I have just brought a pair off of Sphock for £6 and I have altered them to fit my van, will be putting them up this weekend and will see if I can post online pics, their only on front window as all the rest have blackout blinds and Venetian blinds on outer area, looking good.
Only snag was they were the ones with metal rings and had to cut them off.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I can't see why anyone would buy readymade curtains that then needed to be altered - probably in both dimensions. Far easier to just make new ones to the correct size from scratch. If really wanting to save money you could even unpick the old header/foot tapes and reuse them :dry:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We never use our caravan curtains, even in the Winter, they are just decorative "biits" at the end of the windows, the blinds are fine.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here, in fact they are only just big enough, if you don't spend time smoothing out the creases they are not.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Alexandria, I have just reread your first posting and realised that you probably dont have the blinds on your front window, So i can understand your need to fit curtains. So well done on the modification, Also the boss reminded me , that we have used the curtains, Twice, and I am not arguing . :unsure:

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
we replaced ours with specially made ones, from a curtain shop near us at a cost of nearly £150 and never used them, total waste of money. Well done OP on your modification.

TRENDING THREADS