Replacing decals

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi I’m new to this forum but have read lots of the discussion threads and found them helpful if sometimes a little confusing. Has anyone had any experience of fitting new decals yourself? Our Lunar Clubman desperately needs new decals and I’ve found somewhere online that can supply them but we don’t feel confident that after spending over £200 we would get them to look professional enough to justify the outlay. Alternatively we need to find someone who could do it but not sure where to look. I’ve asked our caravan service guy but not had reply yet as just sent email.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy one of the Moderators did. He’s away at present but generally puts in a post or two when he’s settled down with his evening beverage🍻. Try using the search feature and set the start four years or so back.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Lizzie,
Replacing decals is not that difficult if you are careful. Take a photo of the current ones to help later when positioning the new ones.

Removal of the old decals and glue is the hardest part, so a hairdryer or hot air gun on lowest setting to warm the decal and peel off, making sure you are not using too much heat in any one place.

Once they are off, a good clean of the area with white spirit followed by Methylated spirit.

Then spray the area with a very weak mix of washing up liquid and water, peel the backing off the decal and spray that too with the water mix, then position the decal where you want it, but do not press it, just slide into place.

Once happy with the position, use a squeegee starting in the middle and work outwards expelling the water mix and air bubbles.

Leave to set and thats it, stand back and admire your work.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy one of the Moderators did. He’s away at present but generally puts in a post or two when he’s settled down with his evening beverage🍻. Try using the search feature and set the start four years or so back.

It wasn't me Clive 😊
I might have offered some advice on where to buy caravan decals but the closest I've ever come to applying decals was to apply a window tint to the back windows of my old Mitsubishi Shogun.
The free internet connection on this site is very hit and miss, so although I can see the forum it can be a problem when trying to add posts.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS