Replacing the whale hook up

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone - hoping you've all had a briliiant summer using your caravans most weeks like us.
I brought our whale hook up hose and filter home to stick it in some Milton, and the amount of crud that came out of it was amazing. I can't clean inside the whole length of pipe, so I wondered if anyone had changed the pipe or the whole hook up, and which was the better option?

Thanks, in advance

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
You mean the mains water hookup thing with pressure reduction unit? Not sure what you mean by the "filter". Anyhow, I opened mine up the other day having got fed up with the less-than-12V-pump water pressure to see if I could adjust anything. You can't, and I've messed it up now, but as I decided I had nothing to lose I didn't really mind. But my experience did reveal you need not have any concerns about undoing the four screws in the outer case so you can see what's what inside and potentially access the hose if you wish to change it. Its held on by what I'd judge to be a one-time-use clamp so before you lever the clip off with a screwdriver you'd need satisfy yourself you can get a screw-tighten jubilee clip around any new hose, or not, but as I say you can't really do any harm undoing those outer screws and removing the casing to see what you're dealing with. Where my curiosity messed things up was taking a rubber o-ring off a sprung plunger, which got me no further into disassembly but refitting the o-ring with a screwdriver damaged its plastic seating so the unit leaks. Suggest you don't go down that road!!

TRENDING THREADS