Request to leave

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Hello, first time seasonal pitchers here.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice on being told to leave because your caravan is sh**? (Site managers words, not mine)

I booked the pitch, paid the entire season upfront, advised the age and model of caravan and signed contract two months ago. I was told everything was "spot on".

We've arrived and been told to leave as the van is too old (2005) but there are other vans here older and very much in worse condition.

Would anyone have any experience of this?

Our entire plans are now being ruined with no other bookings for holiday periods made.

Slightly desperate and mostly sad mum of three :(

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
First off I woukd advise you to very carefully read the contract you have with the site. You do have a contract don't you?? If nit then yiu might be struggling as it's a "He said, she said" situation.
Read what it actually says not what you think it ssays.Look for anything that suggests that the contract can be terminated by the site and the circumstances when that can happen.

I would be inclined to write to the site and ask them to put into writing the reason they require you to remove your caravan. Once you havthat t you will be in a position to argue against whatever reason they give.

By the sounds of it the site might have a problem forcing you to move becauseb, by taking your money, they have entered into a contract and unless you have broken it there is little they can do.

HOWEVER that is only my opinion and I have no professional expertise in such matters so once you have the sites reasons, in writing (don't accept anything verbal) I would seek further professional advice.

Most solicitors offer a half hour for free, so get all your evidence together and then go for one of those half hours.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Seems pretty unfair of the site. But you'd have to read the contract terms and conditions. I assume they are prepared to give you a full refund?

Minimally I'd ask for a period of time to find somewhere else and my money back.

Reactions: Skinny
Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Thanks both, there is no age limit on the contract at all.

They are really keen to get rid of us and said we could have every penny back straight away.

I've done everything they asked, which has cost us extra money which is the most frustrating thing about it all.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
In that case my "suspicion" is that someone has come along and offered a huge wedge of money for a seasonal pitch (that the site dont have available) the site have seen the £ signs so are pushing their luck and trying to oust you.
Do you have a contract?? Or at least a copy of the sites terms and conditions as that what forms the contract between you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My feeling is that even if you are within the contract terms I would take the full refund and move the caravan, as with their attitude I doubt that your stays will be all that pleasant. If the site have broken the contract I would also present them with a claim for your consequential costs which if they refuse could be claimed using the Small Claims Court online process.

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have done just that. They said we could stay once they realised we had paid in full but I don't want to give someone our custom and ruin what is supposed to be a happy place for us

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have done just that. They said we could stay once they realised we had paid in full but I don't want to give someone our custom and ruin what is supposed to be a happy place for us
A good decision hopefully you will still be able to enjoy your caravan on a site that welcomes their visitors.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The main problem you have is that would you want to stay on a site where they do not want you and could make life difficult. My feeling is that you should say you need some time to find an alternative, do that and move. The site is wrong and contractually there seems to be very little they can do legally, but fake complaints about you and other things might happen if you stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maybe not the right thing to ask, but what site is it?
Definitely not as there is a current dispute so naming or identifying by other means would be against forum rules.

Do read the contract document you have, as such sites are not regulated and basically that can stipulate almost anything in the contract.

As others have said, I suspect if you tried to assert your statutory rights then other things would begin to become a problem.

I suspect if you agree to move off site, and you get your prepaid rent back, then I doubt you would be able to pursue any " costs" as you agreed to move. You would have to be evicted in contravention to your contract to be able to make any sort of claim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts